Downloads
    Uploads

Buffer Spring and Buffer in my Pistol/SBR

So as the time to get my form 1 and 4 for my SBR and Suppressor (hopefully) draws closer, I want to get some input.

In my current setup (10.3" BA Hanson Barrel) with AIM Nickle Boron BCG, with a standard carbine spring and H1 buffer, my pistol has been running reliably, albeit, slightly over gassed.

It is my understanding that when I add my can to the mix, it will have more back pressure and will feel even more over gassed. So with this in mind I am thinking about adding a higher powered spring for my current setup. Then, when I use a can with the setup I am thinking of running an H2 or H3 buffer along with the higher power spring. I know there will be a bit of trial and error with this, however, am I going down the right path? I don't want to go to an adjustable gas block as I want to keep my current pinned on gas block.

If the extra power spring sounds like a good idea, which do you recommend?

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is definitely the right path. H2 or H3 should fix you up. An extra power spring is another good option. I run both now. H2+Extra Power Spring.

I do have an adjustable block on mine but I built mine from the get go with it. I don't know how it would run with a standard block, but I am sure it would be fine.

The real trick I had was to get my gun to run reliably with the can and without so I did a lot of fine tuning. I almost always shoot suppressed now though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd just shoot it with the H1 and carbine spring first before I decided to make any changes.

Most of my SBR's are running an H1 or H2 with a standard spring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^Exactly. On new builds I always start with an H2 and adjust from there. KAK Ind. has the tungsten and steel weights for a great price...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Most of my SBR's are running an H1 or H2 with a standard spring.
    Do you have any running a carbine buffer? Still tuning my SBR 300 subs with the carbine buffer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Do you have any running a carbine buffer? Still tuning my SBR 300 subs with the carbine buffer.
    I have run them before with carbine buffers, but I don't think I have a single carbine buffer in any of my AR's.