Downloads
    Uploads

AR15 lower pocket shape

Can anyone explain why the machined fire group pocket in an AR has to join the pivot pin section? Seems there are other shapes and workable dimensions besides the more common single pocket with the pinched offset waist plus two different floor depths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Could the answer be, because apparently it works very well ? So why "F" with it? Just a guess.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    The next "shelf" that is inline with the safety selector is actually for a DIAS. A lower receiver either has a low shelf which will accept a DIAS or a high shelf which will not, although it can be milled out. I only buy low shelf receivers in hopes that someday they will be declassified from the NFA and we all get to own one. Hope that's what you are referring to.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  7.2 KB
    Last edited by Stone; 30 June 2017 at 14:57.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The next "shelf" that is inline with the safety selector is actually for a DIAS. On a receiver it either has a low shelf which will accept a DIAS or a high shelf which will not. I only buy low shelf receivers in hopes that someday they will be declassified from the NFA and we all get to own one. Hope that's what you are referring to.
    Wow, now there's a man who knows his $hit.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Could the answer be, because apparently it works very well ? So why "F" with it? Just a guess.

FT
    I am sorry, I missed your reply previously. You obviously never did a 80% build or you wouldn't made the remark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Wow, now there's a man who knows his $hit.
    Mr Stone, you obviously have a better understanding of the design than most. In my case I have been working on some 80% lowers. When trying to get the best info showing dimensions for my machining effort, I downloaded some AutoCad drawings off the AR15 website. One such set did not join the two pockets at all. The trigger pocket was one depth period. The forward pocket, on this drawing, mainly having the pivot pin post did not connect. Certainly less machining for an 80%.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by porterdavid98 View Post
    I am sorry, I missed your reply previously. You obviously never did a 80% build or you wouldn't made the remark.

Well obviously you've never heard of Google because a 30 second search would have provided you with an answer and not wasted forum bandwidth it took to ask such a simple question that has been addressed thousands of times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Well obviously you've never heard of Google because a 30 second search would have provided you with an answer and not wasted forum bandwidth it took to ask such a simple question that has been addressed thousands of times.
    Gee, sorry I wasted your time. I guess I am not as smart or sarcastic as you.