Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint T1 and T2 mounts

Can someone tell me with certainty that the T1 and T2 mounts are the same? I need to get a mount so I can complete my parts list and get my new project to Axlmut for cerakote. I'm not sure which Aimpoint I'll be using but it'll be one or the other.

Thanks much,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Can someone tell me with certainty that the T1 and T2 mounts are the same? I need to get a mount so I can complete my parts list and get my new project to Axlmut for cerakote. I'm not sure which Aimpoint I'll be using but it'll be one or the other.

Thanks much,

FT
    Yes, same mounts. The T2 sits a millimeter or two higher, though. The base is thicker since it has helicoil inserts.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slippers is correct as usual. What mounts you looking at? My favorite Aimpoint Micro mount has been Scalarworks' by a big margin.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Slippers is correct as usual. What mounts you looking at? My favorite Aimpoint Micro mount has been Scalarworks' by a big margin.
    Probably B0Bro or ADM.
    I realize that a mm isn't much, but would that extrapolate down the length of the barrel to the front sight, enough to keep it from being true co-witness.?

That's probably a stupid question, but I'll go with it.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 30 June 2017 at 08:53.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably B0Bro or ADM.
    I realize that a mm isn't much, but would that extrapolate down the length of the barrel to the front sight, enough to keep it from being true co-witness.?

That's probably a stupid question, but I'll go with it.

FT
    Not that it would be noticeable. I use lower 1/3 mounts so I like that the T2 is even a bit higher.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had both of those and like the Bobro better of those two. I liked my Scalarworks better than both of those. It's a whole lot lighter, less than half the weight of either of those. I would like to try the one from KDG.

https://kineticdg.com/product/sidelo...t-t1-t2-h1-h2/
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had both of those and like the Bobro better of those two. I liked my Scalarworks better than both of those. It's a whole lot lighter, less than half the weight of either of those. I would like to try the one from KDG.

I'll check it out since "light weight" is the 99% of the goal for this project.
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads

Checked that one out. It's lower 1/3 co-witness. Don't care for that. It also moves back up on the weight scale.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    If your looking for lightweight and durable the Schalorworks is your best bet...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Checked that one out. It's lower 1/3 co-witness. Don't care for that. It also moves back up on the weight scale.

FT
    Yeah it's a little heavier but I'd like to try it's quick disconnect. Here's the weights from Scalarworks for some micro mounts.

Name:  IMG_1982.PNG
Views: 2963
Size:  139.5 KB
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Seekins mount is pretty light and comes in absolute co-witness. The lower third Geissele I just got weighs a ton, but can be used as a bludgeoning tool as opposed to tin foil origami. I'm looking at tall mounts like the MAC, and not seeing a downside.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll check it out since "light weight" is the 99% of the goal for this project.
    FT
    If you don't need QD, the Fortis Mount is 1.1oz

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a T2 with a Cross Machine Tool lower 1/3 mount on my SBR. It's not QD but extremely solid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had good luck with Scalarworks products but that mount is severely overpriced. If weight is the primary concern hard to beat that Fortis mount for half the cost. CMT is a good mount. Had one on a Saiga 12 and it never moved. Just pretty plain looking if that matters.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I've had good luck with Scalarworks products but that mount is severely overpriced. If weight is the primary concern hard to beat that Fortis mount for half the cost. CMT is a good mount. Had one on a Saiga 12 and it never moved. Just pretty plain looking if that matters.
    It might be quite a bit more expensive than the Fortis, but what makes it overpriced? The Scalarworks is arguably QD, and is made from 7075 rather than 6061 like the Fortis F1.