Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smith and Wesson Acquires GemTech Silencer

Waiting for the official Press Release.

Ron Martinez, CEO of Gemtech

Gemtech, the World’s Leader in Silencers, now has the backing of the most powerful company in the firearms industry: Smith & Wesson. Combined with the outstanding companies of American Outdoor Brands Corporation, this strengthens the decades old team that is Gemtech.
    Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/smith-wesso...#ixzz4lic0LNtW

Downloads
    Uploads
    At least it wasn't Freedom Group ...
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    The anticipation of the HPA makes cans cheap right now. Also can companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    The anticipation of the HPA makes cans cheap right now. Also can companies.
    This is undoubtedly true but I would imagine it was a combination of things. They bought a brand name that is very recognizable. Suppressor sales are in the tank right now so I imagine all of them are feeling the pinch.

IF (a really big IF) the HPA passes it will become a game of marketing, at least in the start. Having a big company like S&W who has a long reach into the firearms retail world can position them to take a really big first bite of that apple should HPA pass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    commonnnn hpa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Suppressor sales are in the tank right now
    I'm not doubting you, but I'm also curious about your basis for this comment. What have you seen/heard to substantiate that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm not doubting you, but I'm also curious about your basis for this comment. What have you seen/heard to substantiate that?
    I don't have numbers in front of me, but lots of industry people have told me suppressor sales are in the dump.

In fact, I've had a couple begging me to use my industry PRO deals, another asking me if I need another order (some limit you to one order per year)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well a year and a half ago it was impossible to find a can in stock around here. Every LGS I've hit in the past 6 months have dozens on the shelf and pushing them hard. Pretty good indication to me they are in the tank.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have heard this through the grapevine as well. From various sources all independent of each other who all spoke in passing or whatnot. They were all saying pretty much the same thing. I don't have some big industry wide connection to tons of people but I do interact with several people on Facebook or others who are sort of local to me who are in the know.

Also check this out. About the 4:30 second mark he flat out says it. Which confirmed what I've heard previously as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    More info:

"But now, suppressor manufacturers are caught in a catch-22: While consumers are waiting for money-saving legislation to wind through Congress, they’re waiting to buy, too — and that’s cutting into producers’ bottom lines.

“We have definitely seen a decline. Everyone is waiting for [silencer legislation] to pass in the first 100 days, which will more than likely NOT happen,” Phil Sansotta, online marketing manager for GEMTECH, told Task & Purpose. “Sales have declined to the degree where mass layoffs are happening at SilencerCo, and many silencer companies are fearing for their business. Right now, everyone is trying to weather the storm.”"

http://taskandpurpose.com/gun-silenc...rs-struggling/

Several other articles are online about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    People waiting for the HPA makes no sense at all to me. $200 is a day at the range worth of ammo. Personally I worry that Gemtech will go the way of AAC. I have never seen mergers like this actually improve the product or competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Well a year and a half ago it was impossible to find a can in stock around here. Every LGS I've hit in the past 6 months have dozens on the shelf and pushing them hard. Pretty good indication to me they are in the tank.
    I noticed the same thing. I have been preparing to try and buy more cans pretty soon (I hope). Hence the reason for taking my dad down to get his finger prints at the kiosk... so I have been watching online over a period of time and before stuff was out of stock half the time for as long as I've been watching.

Now though, nothing is out of stock, and they are giving all sorts of deals. Griffin for example will give you $200 store credit if you buy one of their cans. Other companies have all these deals too.

In any case I am going to do my part hopefully and put 3 cans in jail sooner rather than later hopefully. It's going to ding the wallet at a bad time but I still might do it pretty soon here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting info, fellas. Well, I hope that means my wait time will be dramatically shorter than those who put in before 41F cutoff. It seems like the BATFE is close to getting through the July 2016 rush. I also hope HPA passes and includes the refund of NFA taxes paid during this window.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some good insight:

http://firelancemedia.com/prediction...h-wesson-deal/

Looks like Smith and Wesson will do an official press release at the end of the month-ish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Some good insight:

http://firelancemedia.com/prediction...h-wesson-deal/

Looks like Smith and Wesson will do an official press release at the end of the month-ish.

That is an excellent article.