Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously this has been in the works for some time. Makes me wonder if the people of Smith & Wesson have been leaning on Congessmen to hold still on the HPA until this deal was finalized, and then move forward with it. Maybe I need to loosen the old tinfoil cap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesticles View Post
    Obviously this has been in the works for some time. Makes me wonder if the people of Smith & Wesson have been leaning on Congessmen to hold still on the HPA until this deal was finalized, and then move forward with it. Maybe I need to loosen the old tinfoil cap.
    I'd be surprised if S&W has that much sway on the Hill. AOBC might be big in the gun industry, but it's a "small cap" company.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the acquisition is now complete.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Aug. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- American Outdoor Brands Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: AOBC), a leading manufacturer of firearms and a provider of quality accessory products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast, today announced that its firearms business, Smith & Wesson Corp., has completed the purchase of substantially all of the assets of Gemini Technologies, Incorporated ("Gemtech"), a provider of high quality suppressors and accessories for the consumer, law enforcement, and military markets, for $10.0 million, subject to post closing working capital adjustments and potential earn-out payments.

The signing of the definitive purchase agreement for the acquisition was announced on July 5, 2017, and a copy of that announcement is located at: http://ir.aob.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=90...cle&ID=2285430.

Due to the strict regulatory requirements governing the sale of suppressors, Smith & Wesson expects the integration and ramp up of Gemtech products to take place gradually over the balance of its current fiscal year.