Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Please tell me the NRA is being strategic. If Dems want bump stocks, we want Hughes revoked. That’s why we have bump stocks anyway.
    Heh... it's like that old line, either you're incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid. I don't know which yet. Could be a brilliant Chess move, or it could be a total bend over. Let's see how it shakes out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Heh... it's like that old line, either you're incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid. I don't know which yet. Could be a brilliant Chess move, or it could be a total bend over. Let's see how it shakes out.
    Guess we will see, right?

Like I said, if Trump doesn't "deal" and the NRA backs this bullshit infringement, all of that compounded with a complete right-side of the isle control of the government, Trump and many seats in various houses will be overturned come next cycle.

I can only hope that this is a play at SHUSH or whatever. Giving something to get something, if it is not then they better have the SHUSH act around the corner ready to pass.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm inclined to say this is a bend over.

People on social media seem to think there is some backdoor deal to trade Bump Fire Stocks for SHUSH. LOL

The Hughes Amendment and Import Ban were all under Republican Watch. When HPA first came out I was 99% sure it wasn't going to pass. I wanted to be wrong, but I knew better. I still hope to be wrong....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I can't see how there's a trade here. The NRA loves to maintain the status quo and stay out of the limelight. Giving up bump fire stocks and recommending that the ATF handle it avoids Congress and makes it look like they are willing to be "reasonable" in the public eye.

They can't trade bump fire stocks for repealing the Hughes amendment. 99% of gun owners don't even know that you can own a transferable machine gun. The public will NEVER allow the Hughes amendment to be repealed, especially in the wake of the worst mass shooting in US history, which involved multiple bump fire stocks that "simulate" full auto rates of fire. You can't seriously believe that the public would be willing to allow post 1986 machine gun ownership by civilians in exchange for banning bump fire stocks.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm inclined to say this is a bend over.

People on social media seem to think there is some backdoor deal to trade Bump Fire Stocks for SHUSH. LOL

The Hughes Amendment and Import Ban were all under Republican Watch. When HPA first came out I was 99% sure it wasn't going to pass. I wanted to be wrong, but I knew better. I still hope to be wrong....
    Agreed, its a bend over. Who the phuck does the NRA think they are giving up what isn't theirs in the first place.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I can't see how there's a trade here. The NRA loves to maintain the status quo and stay out of the limelight. Giving up bump fire stocks and recommending that the ATF handle it avoids Congress and makes it look like they are willing to be "reasonable" in the public eye.

They can't trade bump fire stocks for repealing the Hughes amendment. 99% of gun owners don't even know that you can own a transferable machine gun. The public will NEVER allow the Hughes amendment to be repealed, especially in the wake of the worst mass shooting in US history, which involved multiple bump fire stocks that "simulate" full auto rates of fire. You can't seriously believe that the public would be willing to allow post 1986 machine gun ownership by civilians in exchange for banning bump fire stocks.
    Right now, who knows what is going to happen, every leftist is going to try to attack 2A every chance they can, the real issue is what the right is going to do about it.

If Trump sits back and lets the houses do whatever they want without trying to make speeches attempting to guide them and then does nothing to stop gun grabbers, then he more than likely won't have a second term.

The majority of the country believes in 2A and firearms as a fundamental right of citizenship, if the president doesn't side with that he's going to have a really hard way to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Whether the public wants it or not, that’s where negotiations start. It ups the gravity of the gun control grab. Getting SHUSH passed, removing sporter clause, and getting National CCW passed are a important goals and keeps them in play. As it is, our representatives are running like cowards because they lack wisdom in the issue.

I can see NRA using their call to the ATF to appease Hillary supporters that that they aren’t Satan but that’s a dysfunctional game. You can’t make people with an abusive mindset satisfied.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Asking for the ATF to re-evaluate the stock is pretty smart. The ATF is responsible for bump fire stocks being legal and unregulated, to begin with. If they come back with a different answer it leaves them open to scrutiny and potentially lawsuits.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Asking for the ATF to re-evaluate the stock is pretty smart. The ATF is responsible for bump fire stocks being legal and unregulated, to begin with. If they come back with a different answer it leaves them open to scrutiny and potentially lawsuits.
    I have had several people ask me about stuff recently... try explaining the NFA to a non gun person...See your barrel has to be 16" long because, well just because, there is no technical reasons for it. And that brace isn't a butt stock, it's a brace. Among many other things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noir said NRA is pressing lawmakers to use their time debating CCW rather than bump stocks. Hence their appeal to ATF.

And not to mention it was Obama’s ATF that approved them to begin with.