Downloads
    Uploads

Master of Arms Adjustable Gas Block

Anyone have any experience with one? Super light and ultra low profile, also thinking it'd play better with Mlok accessories on the 6 o'clock, but wondering if the shoulder will cause interference on most rails.

Pics taken from Google:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1861
Size:  24.8 KB

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1868
Size:  175.3 KB

https://www.masterofarms.com/product...gas-block-raw/

Any info on how well it holds and stays in adjustment would be excellent as well.

Thanks!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't imagine that will fit under some skinny rails like the KMR and I also suspect the reduced thickness on the bottom won't really matter for MLOK mounting directly underneath.

Downloads
    Uploads

It fits under the hodge rail which is the most difficult handguard to fit. Plenty of space at 6 o'clock. I have one with about 25 rounds through it. I'll sell it to you (.625 version).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sell it to me huh? That bad? Lol

Actually if I decide to roll the dice on it I'd need a .750
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    The interference on MLOK comes from the OAL of the gas block in my experience. I actually tried (as an experiment) a few different blocks and the tip to tail length on the one that worked was actually a lot shorter. I would imagine that it depends on where in relation to the rail slots that the GB is at though.

Downloads
    Uploads

That bad? No. LOL. I just like giving friends good deals for things I'm not using. Mine is .625 on a faxon 11.5 middy.

Pics speak a thousand words.

This is a side shot. Notice that through the cutouts of the Griffin rail, you can't even see the bottom of the gas block. That's how much room there is.

And a shot from the front of the bottom of the gas block.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did Next Intent sell their design? I have a few of the next Intent Gas blocks and they're identical.

Nvm I see they changed their name.
    Last edited by VIPER 237; 16 July 2017 at 15:49.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, Fledge, would you recommend it? Viper? How about you?
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    It works.

What I like better about the SLR version is that the spring-loaded detent holds the adjustment screw in place. The MA block has a set screw to hold the adj screw in place. While the MA is more "precise," its more difficult to adjust. You don't know how many clicks are you in and out and you need to unscrew and re-screw the set screw with every test. Plus, I don't think you need to be THAT precise.

if you need the MLok space underneath and don't mind the extra fiddling, it may be perfect for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't be a big deal. I typically set it up to lock back unsupported (not touching my shoulder) with pressure on the base of the mag, using .223 PCM Bronze. All I ACTUALLY shoot, other than for tuning an adj. GB, is 5.56.

So once I get it dialed in, it should be good to go.

Sounds like a winner to me.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Did Next Intent sell their design? I have a few of the next Intent Gas blocks and they're identical.

Nvm I see they changed their name.
    I was thinking the same thing. Design has been out for a while, here's the old thread on it.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...nium-Gas-Block
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Design has been out for a while, here's the old thread on it.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...nium-Gas-Block
    No end user data though :/

Still, going off what Fledge said, I think there is one in my future.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    So, Fledge, would you recommend it? Viper? How about you?
    I have three and I would recommend it, we (cobalt kinetics) also use an OEM version on our rifles and our 3gun team and we have had great success. I am not on the purchasing side so I was unaware of the name change haha. Just make sure to put some red threadlocker on the screw that tightens the gas block.
    Last edited by VIPER 237; 17 July 2017 at 17:21.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boom. Thanks!
    -One Nation, Under God