Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Second SBR Build...Which Receivers

I am currently on RA website going back and forth between some receivers that I am going to build into an SBR with form 1. I currently have a pending form 1 on a Mega forged set.

Currently I am between debating over Noveske forged and V Seven forged set. I have always been a Noveske Fanboy for better or worse...but the Noveske receivers are more expensive by only a few bucks but the V Seven set looks sweet with lightening cuts in both the upper and lower.

Do I give into my inner fanboy or try out a V Seven set?

Its all in the eye of the beholder, but I am tearing my hair out trying to chose between...and I can't get both.

This post is partly in jest...but I hate these types of decisions!

Last edited by rxer311; 28 July 2017 at 17:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I broke out my Universal Descision Making Device just to help you out. I only do this in the most dire of circumstances....

Behold its answer.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 183
Size:  650.9 KB

Heads. VSeven.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well, I broke out my Universal Descision Making Device just to help you out. I only do this in the most dire of circumstances....

Behold its answer.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 183
Size:  650.9 KB

Heads. VSeven.
    Best 2 of 3? LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you're leaning Noveske
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you're leaning Noveske
    Like I said...I am a fanboy. But that V Seven is looking really nice. And...it did win the coin toss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, there are two things I've learned in life...

Never trust a nickel.
    Never defy a quarter.

In all seriousness though, if I was in your shoes and looking at the forged lowers/receiver sets as you implied above, I would probably go with the Noveske. It'll match more of what you have (assuming you have Noveske uppers), and will also match the 12:00 rail section of vastly more foreneds. Only V7 rails match the the lightening cuts of their uppers.

If you were looking at the billet options I'd be singing a different song. I think the V7 billet stuff is sexy as hell, and have my own designs on purchasing some in the hopefully not to distant future.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, there are two things I've learned in life...

Never trust a nickel.
    Never defy a quarter.

In all seriousness though, if I was in your shoes and looking at the forged lowers/receiver sets as you implied above, I would probably go with the Noveske. It'll match more of what you have (assuming you have Noveske uppers), and will also match the 12:00 rail section of vastly more foreneds. Only V7 rails match the the lightening cuts of their uppers.

If you were looking at the billet options I'd be singing a different song. I think the V7 billet stuff is sexy as hell, and have my own designs on purchasing some in the hopefully not to distant future.
    I hear you on the billet receivers. I just think when building an SBR I am better off with forged so it will work with most uppers. I am going to be done with SBR lowers after this one as I will just build uppers after this.

My next billet is going to be a cmt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll make your decision for you. Call SMOS and get your WEVO discount on the whole set. You'll have a receiver that is the Noveske and you'll save oodles.

Better yet, but the set available right now from Pyzik.

I have two VSeven sets. They are cool but not classic. The SMOS/Noveske is classic.

Later you can get the VSeven and build a pistol from it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both of my SBR's have LWRC's IC full ambi lowers, they are awesome. If I was to build from scratch it would be A Mega, Grey ghost or the KAC forged. It really comes down to personal preference. After reading about some guys here having issues with the Noveske forged lowers I have to say I am soured towards them. Last I remember the quality and fitment was subpar. Quarters are great for most decisions but one like this requires an ASE!
    Last edited by Stone; 21 July 2017 at 20:06.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads

Second SBR Build...Which Receivers

Buy Pyzik's builder set... easy peasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

I have two VSeven sets. They are cool but not classic. The SMOS/Noveske is classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Buy Pyzik's builder set... easy peasy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or, yeah! You could just do that now that it's been brought up. No one here will judge you if you don't though.

Except all of us.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soooooooooo many good choices out there.

If I could get just one more SBR lower though... I'd probably do a Radian Lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I'll make your decision for you. Call SMOS and get your WEVO discount on the whole set. You'll have a receiver that is the Noveske and you'll save oodles.

Later you can get the VSeven and build a pistol from it.
    Thanks guys but am going with forged. The ultimate classic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Battle Arms Development lower and a 2A upper......a really nice combination.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, for better or worse I just pulled the trigger on the V Seven forged lower. Will be going with the forged upper and probably the 11" V seven rail with a 12.5" CHF Noveske barrel.