Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

RADIAN WEAPONS RAPTOR-LT AMBIDEXTROUS CHARGING HANDLE

Name:  IMG_2035.PNG
Views: 2524
Size:  120.6 KB

Meet the newest member of the Radian family: Raptor-LT. Utilizing the same patented ambidextrous functionality as its predecessor, the Raptor-LT handles are machined from 7075 aluminum, MILSPEC Type III hard anodized, then over-molded with high-strength, fiberglass reinforced polymer for the ultimate combination of strength, weight, and durability. Compatible with AR15/M16 or AR10/SR25-pattern rifles, the Raptor-LT is available in black, flat dark earth, and grey, all designed to match standard Magpul® color offerings. Like all Radian products, the Raptor-LT comes with a limited lifetime warranty, and is 100% designed and manufactured in the USA.

MSRP $59.95

https://radianweapons.com/accessorie...harging-handle
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good price and great idea. I wonder how it handles when its wet. Someday I hope these company's that make CH's will figure out that anodizing the main shaft is subpar compared to using something like Microslick. Hint, hint...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Radian makes an slick NP3 version. The struggle is coating it and keeping the price down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Good price and great idea. I wonder how it handles when its wet. Someday I hope these company's that make CH's will figure out that anodizing the main shaft is subpar compared to using something like Microslick. Hint, hint...
    I haven't heard much about microslick since the Next Generation Arms guns basically microslick'ed everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good offering/price for the current down market

Downloads
    Uploads
    Polymer? Not compelling. I'm getting old, so I claim my right to stick to certain things. Nothing wrong with recipe #1.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked the Rainier Raptor recipe #1 also that had no laser etching and steel latches. They were heavy though. Recipe #2 with the aluminum latches are good also. I would like to see Radian make one with solid latches like the prototypes.

Name:  IMG_2036.JPG
Views: 3339
Size:  69.9 KB
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The steel latches were beating up uppers. I've got some wear on an upper with steel latches. It personally didn't bother me, but I could see how people would complain.

I like the new price point on this Raptor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Polymer? Not compelling. I'm getting old, so I claim my right to stick to certain things. Nothing wrong with recipe #1.
    By that logic, everyone should still be running Colt cast aluminum stocks on all AR's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    By that logic, everyone should still be running Colt cast aluminum stocks on all AR's.
    If I liked them I would. That's the amazing thing about freedom of choice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    To clarify, the Raptor-LT has CNC machined 7075 aluminum MILSPEC Type III hard anodized cores in the center of the handles. The aluminum piece is actually inserted into the mold, then the polymer is shot around and through the metal to form a permanent bond. It's the best of both worlds, really.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    We are experimenting with a number of new coatings, but as fledge mentioned, NP3 is available as an option currently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Soldier Systems posted our release on Facebook and the first two comments were 1) guy complaining about it being lighter and cheaper; and 2) guy complaining that it is available in "tactical" colors. You can't please everyone, so don't bother trying.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting Nick.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like I need to state that my post was not a criticism, just my observation, heavily influenced by my own experiences and opinions (nobody, consumer guy). I have zero issues with the first one and am not on a quest to shave ounces. Other people will praise it as a godsend. Original vs. extra crispy.. as long as the Colonel is selling it, it's all good. The people that should be pissed are the competitors; in this market, Radian is not marketing the silliest advancement to turn a buck.