Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    After talking to the HK guys at Shot I wouldn’t hold my breath. Basically if, and it’s a very big If, the German military picks it up then they ‘might’ consider a US variant. However it’s also going against the 416 which has an excellent track record. Most likely the 433 doesn’t win the contract and it never becomes a full production firearm.
    Interesting, I was under the impression that the HK416 wasn't viable as a service rifle due to cost. Would be a shame if the HK433 never takes off, it seems like a modernized ACR (which sounds weird even to me, given how it's only slightly over a decade since Magpul licenced it to Bushmaster).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    After talking to the HK guys at Shot I wouldn’t hold my breath. Basically if, and it’s a very big If, the German military picks it up then they ‘might’ consider a US variant. However it’s also going against the 416 which has an excellent track record. Most likely the 433 doesn’t win the contract and it never becomes a full production firearm.
    I figured this would be correct. When I heard the HK 243 imports were dead, I knew this had no chance.

Personally, I'd settle for a G28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a Geissele 416 handguard installed on one of them. Rainier did a great job, grinding down the tabs.

Name:  IMG_5900.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  1.24 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is low on the priority list right now, but besides girth and the QD, what does this rail do better than the OEM version?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    This is low on the priority list right now, but besides girth and the QD, what does this rail do better than the OEM version?
    It feels sooooo good in your hand. Not kidding.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't make it a priority to upgrade either. It feels great in the hand, but I think they are like $400+ ? Not sure if it's worth it. The factory Quad is more than sufficent.

I am curious about trying the Midwest Industries version though, since it has MLOK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I wouldn't make it a priority to upgrade either. It feels great in the hand, but I think they are like $400+ ? Not sure if it's worth it. The factory Quad is more than sufficent.

I am curious about trying the Midwest Industries version though, since it has MLOK.
    That was the other concern..."proprietary" mounting (as I understand it), as in not MLOK. If I was to get one, it would be during a G-sale plus .mil discount, assuming they're even in stock. But for now, I've already blown my load on another rail. More to come in the near future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That was the other concern..."proprietary" mounting (as I understand it), as in not MLOK. If I was to get one, it would be during a G-sale plus .mil discount, assuming they're even in stock. But for now, I've already blown my load on another rail. More to come in the near future.
    Which rail has proprietary mounting?

Downloads
    Uploads
    That Geissele with those archaic bolt on rails. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which rail has proprietary mounting?
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    That Geissele with those archaic bolt on rails. Lol
    That's what I meant. As I understand it, it's no different than other rails (Troy, original CMR, etc) so that why I put it in quotes. I'm just not a fan of having to bolt on something to then be able to put something on that thing I just bolted on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I meant. As I understand it, it's no different than other rails (Troy, original CMR, etc) so that why I put it in quotes. I'm just not a fan of having to bolt on something to then be able to put something on that thing I just bolted on.
    I'm likely going to go with the MI rail. I really want an Arisaka MLOK Offset.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_5898.jpg
Views: 1707
Size:  1.83 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brownells 416 lower.

Name:  5S3A7769.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  262.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Brownells 416 lower.
    So who did you end up going with? Looks like Carolina Laser Works isn't doing them anymore. I saw SALE in San Antonio is now doing them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So who did you end up going with? Looks like Carolina Laser Works isn't doing them anymore. I saw SALE in San Antonio is now doing them.
    I must have got it in before HK sent them the C&D letter.

Most people will only engrave 80% as they don't have an FFL. Never heard of SALE in San Antonio. There's a file on HKPro that's a few years old for the markings that you can bring to a competent laser shop.