Downloads
    Uploads

Lazy Man's Rifle

How to build a LAZY man's nice rifle. I am finally healing from 2 major surgeries, but during the worst, a healing from a quad bypass, I got two more related problems and surgeries . Near my latest surgery , when I was feeling good, I got bored and built a new rifle. It is purpose built, short range and a home weapon... The LAZY part was to buy a complete Aero Precision complete upper. Bought a Spikes NIB BCG, an aero precision e stripped lower, a Chip McCormick complete trigger and lower build kit, and a complete BCM rear buffer/ stock kit. Bought an Aimpoint Duty RDS sight, MBUS kit and now a Holoson Red Laser and inforce lower flashlight, 800 lumens light. A chip McCormick which comes with a complete lower kit together finished the lower, with an Aero Precision ambi charging bar, a Spikes BCG, and a total BCM rear finished everything else. This project was twofold, easy since I didn't have to build the upper, due to surgical lingering pain, and, well it was just damned easy. Can't wait until the Inforce is here and the Holoson Laser gets here, should make a nice 50 yard house rifle.... Anyway, given the lack of building an upper and that labor, this was a total pin punch and screwdriver deal, about an hour.
    Last edited by FortTom; 26 November 2023 at 01:36.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pics or this rifle doesn't exist!

J/K

I hope you heal well. I think the worst part of the recent surgery I had were the incredible itching that I could not get at nor do because I had to heal. Three days of no showering or bathing that area of my back. Finally when I was able to shower, the water spray was my only relief even if just temporary on that area. The VA removed the very last bit of shrapnel that was embedded into my ribs & spine finally. The tech wasn't available at the time and they were too afraid of nicking nerves. Anyway, it's all over finally. The permanent nerve damage will always remain but no more sudden incapacitating pain anymore.

I've recently done a restructuring of my rifles and came to the painful conclusion that one rifle no matter what we put into it, can never do it all. So I decided to thin the herd a bit and settle on 5 rifles, all purpose driven:

11.5 road buddy, traveling within the state rifle that gets me out of things that I happened upon by accident. Aimpoint H2, Modlite 18350 with PLHv2 head, 10.5 Geissele Mk14, Geissele 11.5 CHF, Geissele SSA, Magpul MBUS3 set, Larue 660, and LWRC stock.

14.5 get out of my house home defense only rifle, P&W BCM ELW CHF, 13 MCMR, BCM blemished upper, Unity Fast riser (not the the absolute), Eotech XPS2, Surefire M300, Geissele SSA, and B5 SOPMOD Bravo.

13.9 urban recce rifle (still in progress) P&W, BA Hanson 13.7, SOLGW 13 Wedgelock, Surefire M640DF body, Modlite OKW head, Scalarworks 1.57, Aimpoint M5, FCD (Vltor clone) A5 recoil reduction system, BCM SOPMOD, Geissele SSA, and to be added later will be a BCM riser for both M5 and a quality magnifier that might be settled on the G45 or G33 from Eotech, and a Steiner Mini Tor green for active CQB distance aiming only.

16 recce rifle, Criterion Hybrid, 13 KAC URX4, CD Rein 2.0 short body, Badger 1.54 C1 COMM, PMM Cowgirl red dot ring mount for the RMR pattern, Trijicon RMR T2 3.5 MOA, Geissele SSA-E, Noveske Gen 1 upper and lower set, PA GLx 1-6,B5 SOPMOD multicam, and JP SCS.

16 loaner SHTF rifle, Faxon 16 SOCOM that's been customized with a pinned on cut down FSB with bayonet lug intact, Custom cut for bayonet fitment FCD 13 RHF, Surefire M300, Aimpoint Pro, Redi-Mag lightweight Redi-Mag, Larue MBT 2 stage, and B5 SOPMOD.

And that's it, all I need really.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently built what’s turning out to be my favorite all around rifle

13.9” Centurion with a Steiner 1-4x. I honestly could go for a 1-6 or 1-8x just for a tad more target ID capability but it’s let me hit 400 yard steel easily

I really like the Aimpoint RDS but I wish it had a couple additional holds in it for longer shots (if needed). I’d toss it on a 10.5-11.5” rifle

Glad you’re on the mend, FT!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I recently built what’s turning out to be my favorite all around rifle.........

Glad you’re on the mend, FT!
    Thanks......
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper