Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    What lower are you going to use?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now you have me thinking.... maybe the next time Brownells has 10% off, I should snag another BRN4 lower to throw into the back of the safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    What lower are you going to use?
    The other lower that I "didn't" already have with the "lesser" engraving. My OCD ended up costing me more money.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Now you have me thinking.... maybe the next time Brownells has 10% off, I should snag another BRN4 lower to throw into the back of the safe.
    It's interesting to watch their coupon code usage lately. It seems to have slowed down a lot, but they're still putting things on sale. I saw a 10% coupon the other day, but it was the first one in a while. Meanwhile, they've had their 416 parts kit on sale for a week now, and it's even less than it was before when on sale AND if you applied a 10% coupon. Their Retro guns were on sale a few days ago (not sure if they still are or for how much, just saw the email ad). It seems like they're starting to target certain items vs an all-in sales blitz with a coupon code.

I was hoping a 10% coupon code would pop last week, but I wasn't sure how long the existing sale would last. As it turns out, long enough, but oh well. But with the sale price and Active Junky, it was still a steal. And interestingly, at the time, the bolt and tool were also significantly marked down. I think they're trying to unload what they have now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have three HK pistols, all USP's. Is the 416 actually worth the ass kicking it gives you, money wise? Looking to possibly snag one more gun before I have to flair my wings, and say "I'm done"...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    UWOne and I have made some comments earlier in the thread, but short answer is: no. Long answer is: it's a unique system that's also extremely accurate...and it's fun to play with. Or to put it another way, did your ultra light build do anything different than a normal AR (other than be light)? Not really, but that doesn't mean you didn't enjoy it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I have three HK pistols, all USP's. Is the 416 actually worth the ass kicking it gives you, money wise? Looking to possibly snag one more gun before I have to flair my wings, and say "I'm done"...

FT

Age old question, is the juice worth the squeeze?

The 416 is a great gun, stupid accurate, last forever barrel, reliable piston system, and the special operations pedigree.

However, the price is what keeps it from being a no-brainer. For the price of just the upper alone, you can buy yourself a new KAC complete rifle with optics. You could also just select your favorite receivers, put the best parts you can afford into it, and still come out less than the price of a 416 upper.

I mainly got mine because I had the opportunity to buy consecutive numbered serial uppers, and I just wanted it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Figured I'd post the 416 Mount from Arisaka here too.

Name:  IMG_0363.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  445.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_0364.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  373.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_0368.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  511.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s setup about perfect..

Want , on so many levels..

Downloads
    Uploads
    If not already mentioned in the thread, this place has some parts as well as 416 pistols.

Not for the faint of heart...

https://hurricane-butterfly.net/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surprised he reduced the price from 12.5k to 8.5

Downloads
    Uploads
    Parts kits at Brownell's are out of stock. I always thought they were too expensive. I guess they weren't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Parts kits at Brownell's are out of stock. I always thought they were too expensive. I guess they weren't.

The Hurricane Butterfly parts weren't all correct either. Wrong, bolt, barrel for starters. HK416 stuff is all overpriced. Juice isn't worth the squeeze at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not baggin on these, cause if I shot at a range, I'd probably get one just for bragging rights (Be honest, why else?), but that just looks heavy AF.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!