Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    If you have some financial setbacks, you can sell your G-rail for a kajillion dollars and it would be considered a steal.
    Are Geissele 416 rails hard to get and going for a bunch of coin now? I haven't been checking .... but I noticed G is always out of stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Switched to an MLOK Maxim Defense 416 Handguard

Attachment 7315
    That's the short scoop one?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    That's the short scoop one?

Correct.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Correct.
    It looks nice. How's the feel and weight compared to the G?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are Geissele 416 rails hard to get and going for a bunch of coin now? I haven't been checking .... but I noticed G is always out of stock.
    Geissele doesn't seem to be able to keep anything in stock other than SSA triggers. But yeah, the HK stuff is even harder to come by. I've been waiting for a MR556 trigger since Oct/November, but the back order keeps getting pushed out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    It looks nice. How's the feel and weight compared to the G?

Maxim doesn't seem to have weights listed for the rail on their website, I don't have an unofficial weight on it, but it feels maybe slightly lighter? I think the G rail feels better in the hand, but the outdated attachment method vs the MLOK gives the slight edge to the Maxim Defense for me.

Geissele doesn't seem to be able to keep anything in stock other than SSA triggers. But yeah, the HK stuff is even harder to come by. I've been waiting for a MR556 trigger since Oct/November, but the back order keeps getting pushed out.
    I've heard that the MR556 trigger has been MIA for over a year... I ordered a couple of bolt catches and a SSP trigger on 3/2. I just finally got it delivered last week. I guess this is the new norm there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_2156.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  786.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Figured I'd post the 416 Mount from Arisaka here too.

Attachment 6929
    Attachment 6930

are you allowed to run a short HK416 with suppressor with anything other than an eotech? I mean....zero dark thirty and all

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_2156.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  786.5 KB
    How's the Maxam forend working?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are there any good reference points to learn about all the 416 import stuff and what’s what? I see real 416 uppers. Uppers with no barrels. Lowers. Repro lowers. Etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    Are there any good reference points to learn about all the 416 import stuff and what’s what? I see real 416 uppers. Uppers with no barrels. Lowers. Repro lowers. Etc.
    Honestly, the "easiest" answer is probably to just take some time either Googling questions using HKPro forums as your target or just perusing the 416 forums there and do a lot of reading. Summarizing very briefly:

Lowers:

HK 416...no longer found new, but some SOTs still have them. Select Fire.

HK416 SF...Very rare and worth a lot of money, but only if they have a letter from the ATF saying they've been removed from the registry and are Title 1 guns again. Semi auto.

BRN-4...Brownell's offerings, which aren't 100% accurate, but pretty good overall. They're sold out, but you can find them online from private sellers from time to time. Were made from HK forged blanks.

80% HK Forged lowers...pretty rare, though they pop up.

80% lowers...some guys make these from time to time.

Uppers (of various sizes):

Factory HK...usually take-offs from LE turn-ins. Various configurations can be found. Not cheap, but factory.

Non-factory HK...built by someone using all HK 416 parts. Worth less, but still up there since it's all HK. Sometimes you can find really interesting builds, like a complete IAR that's correct.

Franken HK...Mostly HK, but will have either Brownell's or Marvin Pitts parts. Maybe some day they'll have Geissele parts, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Worth even less, but still very functional. Marvin Pitts' barrels are reported to be fantastic shooters.

I'm sure I haven't covered it all, but it gives you a place to start.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, the "easiest" answer is probably to just take some time either Googling questions using HKPro forums as your target or just perusing the 416 forums there and do a lot of reading. Summarizing very briefly:

Lowers:

HK 416...no longer found new, but some SOTs still have them. Select Fire.

HK416 SF...Very rare and worth a lot of money, but only if they have a letter from the ATF saying they've been removed from the registry and are Title 1 guns again. Semi auto.

BRN-4...Brownell's offerings, which aren't 100% accurate, but pretty good overall. They're sold out, but you can find them online from private sellers from time to time. Were made from HK forged blanks.

80% HK Forged lowers...pretty rare, though they pop up.

80% lowers...some guys make these from time to time.

Uppers (of various sizes):

Factory HK...usually take-offs from LE turn-ins. Various configurations can be found. Not cheap, but factory.

Non-factory HK...built by someone using all HK 416 parts. Worth less, but still up there since it's all HK. Sometimes you can find really interesting builds, like a complete IAR that's correct.

Franken HK...Mostly HK, but will have either Brownell's or Marvin Pitts parts. Maybe some day they'll have Geissele parts, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Worth even less, but still very functional. Marvin Pitts' barrels are reported to be fantastic shooters.

I'm sure I haven't covered it all, but it gives you a place to start.

thanks. ill look into it. are these the brownells? brownells says they are in stock
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...ku=078-000-487

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are the ones. Didn't realize they still had them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are the ones. Didn't realize they still had them.
    Not surprised, they imported way more lowers than they were able to get uppers. After the uppers dried up, the only people left with any interested were the ones that had real 416 uppers here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not surprised, they imported way more lowers than they were able to get uppers. After the uppers dried up, the only people left with any interested were the ones that had real 416 uppers here.
    Or those who might have been customers moved on to other things. I understand your overall point, but I have all the parts for a third upper that would look great on a third lower that I don't have (plus some engraving), but between having other interests in life and the ammo shortage, it's not really worth my effort and time right now, especially when HK parts are limited.

Of course the forward thinking shooter may argue the time to buy one is now and sit on it until you can make something of it. And that's a valid argument....one I don't appreciate given I have some excess cash right now.

Thanks for nothing.