Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So how much did that set you back?

Or do we even want to know? LOL
    More than if I had piece-mealed it together with non A5 parts, but less or about the same as a clean factory A1 (A3?) in today's market.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    So I have to ask, is there anything for the 416 that can also be used on any AR15 besides the grip and stock or is that it?
    I can't remember if it's that lower, but two of my Brownell's lowers have lower parts that aren't HK and are instead LMT or Colt parts. The 416 A1 lower has extra parts needed beyond a normal LPK. While far from perfect, the plus of the BRN lowers was that you didn't have to use those extra HK parts to make it work with a factory 416 (or MR556) if you didn't want to.

My OCD wouldn't allow that, but that's a different matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    My OCD wouldn't allow that, but that's a different matter.
    The kind of OCD where you replace an awesome $200 BCG with a $350 BCG just because it matches the stamp on the mag well? ("Matching numbers" OCD).

Like, the kind of OCD where you replace an SSA-E with an SSAX-E? (New Hotness OCD,, [with underlying matching numbers OCD).

That kind of OCD?

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    That kind of OCD?

I will say that even when I was more into cloning, I would still reach a point where I didn't "finish" the project because I would actually shoot my rifles and I couldn't stand using whatever the correct part was (like having MIADs on everything instead of correct A1 or A2 grips). That was always my line in the sand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    The kind of OCD where you replace an awesome $200 BCG with a $350 BCG just because it matches the stamp on the mag well? ("Matching numbers" OCD).

Like, the kind of OCD where you replace an SSA-E with an SSAX-E? (New Hotness OCD,, [with underlying matching numbers OCD).

That kind of OCD?

Get out of my head, lol.
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 2 November 2023 at 15:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I will say that even when I was more into cloning, I would still reach a point where I didn't "finish" the project because I would actually shoot my rifles and I couldn't stand using whatever the correct part was (like having MIADs on everything instead of correct A1 or A2 grips). That was always my line in the sand.
    Fortunately, that Geissele was the worst cash suck and my last such experiment. The sales around the holidays were enabling; like an out of body experience I couldn't stop. But it does get run quite hard.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!