Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    HK416 stuff is all overpriced. Juice isn't worth the squeeze at this point.
    Welllll........I agree it's overpriced. But if my cost analysis spreadsheet ends up matching reality with what I'm working on, it has the potential to be worth the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Not baggin on these, cause if I shot at a range, I'd probably get one just for bragging rights (Be honest, why else?), but that just looks heavy AF.
    My optic setup is 1 oz less than UW's. I have the same optic config on a CQBR Block 2. The CQBR has a light but no PEQ. The 416 is definitely heavier, but it's not the end of the world, and I'm no body builder. UW also has a "slim" profile barrel, which helps. Yes, it's heavy, and a few ounces heavier than a like-built DI upper, but so is anything with a variable optic and light/laser/suppressor combo.

I'm not sure if the G-rail is heavier than the OEM Pic rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Welllll........I agree it's overpriced. But if my cost analysis spreadsheet ends up matching reality with what I'm working on, it has the potential to be worth the squeeze.

My optic setup is 1 oz less than UW's. I have the same optic config on a CQBR Block 2. The CQBR has a light but no PEQ. The 416 is definitely heavier, but it's not the end of the world, and I'm no body builder. UW also has a "slim" profile barrel, which helps. Yes, it's heavy, and a few ounces heavier than a like-built DI upper, but so is anything with a variable optic and light/laser/suppressor combo.

I'm not sure if the G-rail is heavier than the OEM Pic rail.
    If you found an AF, AG, AH upper for say... even $2600, that's still more than the cost of a SR15. Is just the upper better than a full DI KAC gun? To you and me, ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.... to the average consumer who can only have one of those, I'd say for 95% of shooters out there, the juice is not worth the squeeze.

For you and me.... I'll take 2 416's and 2 SR15's

Downloads
    Uploads
    .... to the average consumer who can only have one of those, I'd say for 95% of shooters out there, the juice is not worth the squeeze.
    In that sense, then yes, no argument from me. They don't do anything better than a quality DI gun for regular use.

I thought you were saying the 416 market to 416 seekers is loosing its juice/squeeze ratio as their prices go up and availability go down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is approaching 10 years old. The industry needs a real game changer like the XM8 to perk things up. Maybe if they'd license it to BM... =8-0
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Is approaching 10 years old. The industry needs a real game changer like the XM8 to perk things up. Maybe if they'd license it to BM... =8-0
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...pon-the-rm277/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that'll never happen.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Things are coming together...

Downloads
    Uploads

The RECCE

This project spiraled out of control and went in a different direction than initially planned. Still very much a work in progress. Was going to swap out the muzzle device today after the range trip, but got busy. I think the optic will be temporary. Of note, with Will's mount, the Harris is actually lighter than the Atlas, according to my scale. Kind of cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Getting slightly more correct now...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Getting slightly more correct now...

That's a beauty.

Still not doing one, but man that looks sooooooooo good. I should really throw another BRN-4 in the back of the safe for later. I know Brownells finally sold out of all the 416 and 417 kits... but they had 10x more lowers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a beauty.

Still not doing one, but man that looks sooooooooo good. I should really throw another BRN-4 in the back of the safe for later. I know Brownells finally sold out of all the 416 and 417 kits... but they had 10x more lowers.
    Thanks. You keep saying you should get another one... But seriously, if you "aren't" going to do one, but want to think about how you "would" do it, let me know. Long story, but I know a guy.

Meanwhile, I think I've decided to switch to the NX8 for this and keep the ATACR on the M4B2. Sadly that means buying a set of NF rings, which of course, costs more money. This whole thing would be easier if there weren't budgetary concerns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One more picture after putting some more rounds through it today before I roll back into my work week...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You notice any accuracy differences between the 14.5 and the 10.4?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You notice any accuracy differences between the 14.5 and the 10.4?
    I don't know if I have enough data yet. The rifling on this one looks very good, so other than the rack wear, it seems like it's pretty healthy. So far I've only done some prone shooting with the 14.5 at 100y and it's been with either a HK trigger (which is smooth, but still heavy) or a G-trigger, but with either, I was fighting the optic quite a bit. That scope just isn't a good precision optic for the targets I use. I did manage a 1.1-ish group with some IMI 77gr, but with ball ammo, it's more towards 2-3". But again, I think a lot of that is the shooter.

My 10.4 just has the magnifier, so haven't done a tone grouping with it. It has always been great on B/C steel at 200y though.

I want to some more grouping with a better optic, but not sure what that means. What I have noticed is that shooting the 14.5 suppressed with vent is definitely better than without a vent. I think I'll be making that mod to the 10.4 eventually so I can take out the ridiculously heavy buffer I have in there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess it says something that I keep enjoying shooting this, even though it's not as smooth as a DI gun. I guess its pedigree sucks me in, but after running it out at 200m on a B/C target today, I still had plenty of fun. Now if I could just unload the MK6....