Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I'd settle for just one measly SR16. Is that so much to ask?
    And I'd be happy with a mere SR15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    16 reply's and not one pic...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Slippers;153388]First and foremost, it's an HK.

Seriously though, the barrel is amazing and should last for 20K+ rounds. "It's the only piston AR upper worth considering".
    That's debatable. Have you owned and extensively torture tested them all? Or were you just being facetious.
    Last edited by Stone; 25 July 2017 at 18:28.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    16 reply's and not one pic...
    Technically it was meant as a discussion/technical thread, but...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh, nothing wrong with a little eye candy to propel the discussion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's debatable. Have you owned and extensively torture tested them all? Or were you just being facetious.
    I read your response on my phone (which already said it was edited), then walked upstairs and noticed it was edited again. This version seems to be toned down a bit.

Of course I haven't extensively torture tested every single piston upper on the market. But you knew this before you asked.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=Stone;153421]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    First and foremost, it's an HK.

Seriously though, the barrel is amazing and should last for 20K+ rounds. "It's the only piston AR upper worth considering".
    Someone's HK hate has been triggered.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I read your response on my phone (which already said it was edited), then walked upstairs and noticed it was edited again. This version seems to be toned down a bit."

Having bad storms here, the post reply button takes me to a blank page. I didn't change anything, post is the same.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, don't hate them. Just wouldn't buy one. The hype that surrounds HK is better than their product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a 416 thread, let's not get into how the upper is overpriced, overhyped, ect. Plenty of other forums to do that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    10-4. Just sharing in the banter with Slippers. Just a joke.

Downloads
    Uploads
    10-4. Just sharing in the banter with Slippers. Just a joke.
    You know I always appreciate a Stone ribbing.

I'll put it out there, I own a decent amount of HK guns, but I've considered most of them "fun" guns and not the best at particularly anything other than higher prices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a firm believer that people should buy what they want because its what they want and its their HARD earned money. We all have different tastes and requirements in the equipment we buy but we still have one thing in common, that we like firearms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, don't hate them. Just wouldn't buy one. The hype that surrounds HK is better than their product.
    Have you owned an HK? Any of them?

It's not all hype, my VP9 is hands down the best full size stock 9mm service pistol I have ever shot. The only thing that comes close is the PPQ imo. Hell people still carry full size USP's as their ccw. Also having a very close friend who owns several (SL8, MR556, UMP, numerous MP5 variants, numerous pistols), all of which have been 100% and ooze quality compared to their copycats. I agree that they command a bit higher price than they should, but every one I have seen ran perfectly. Honestly their price point isn't that bad any more either with all the $2k custom Glocks and boutique AR crap on the market.

I've only handled a 416 but it seemed quality, I have ran a MR556 a few times and it has been reliable as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No never bought one. Years ago I researched the MR556, went down and handled it, shot it and wasn't impressed. Six months ago I went down to my LGS and again after researching the VP9, handled it, shot it and wasn't impressed. The trigger was mushy, the mag release location needs me to release my grip to work it, only a 15 round mag(17 on the glock and 19 on the XDM) and the exterior controls aren't as slim line as I need them to be. Checked out a G17 Gen4 right after that and it felt so much better. Granted, I put night sights, a tungsten guide rod and re-worked the trigger myself but it runs and feels top notch compared to the VP9. So after all the internet hype about the VP9 I was less than impressed by the actual product. In my quest for a .45 I considered the HK45 and the grip was to large for my medium sized hands. I am sure they make a good product its just not for me. And now that none of that was about the 416, UW is going to come along with a nutcracker and break my balls.
    Last edited by Stone; 26 July 2017 at 14:59.