Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 167

Thread: HK 416 Thread

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,288
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    SCARs are down to $2300 today. Eventually, the dip will pull the price down on 556's. It probably won't touch the 416 upper though d/t the militaria market. You can hear teeth gnashing for SR 16 uppers as well as CMP 1911's.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,843
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Lack of pictures...

    Name:  5S3A5716.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  928.5 KB

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,843
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    SCARs are down to $2300 today. Eventually, the dip will pull the price down on 556's. It probably won't touch the 416 upper though d/t the militaria market. You can hear teeth gnashing for SR 16 uppers as well as CMP 1911's.
    Speaking of... I noticed that SR16 uppers are not even listed as available from the manufacturer anymore on the Brownells site.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Soooo...back to the intent of the thread....

    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77
    On a quick note, after chatting with Justin about the 416 vent conversion, I've decided I'm not doing it. If you end up doing it, I've VERY curious to see how it works for you.
    Care to elaborate now that you're done gallivanting around exciting Tacoma? If I text Justin, he'll just offer me 3 more jobs that I'm probably not qualified to do (kidding...kind of).

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mn.
    Posts
    1,328
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Not sure if this is a good deal or not but it is what it is.
    http://shopmodernoutfitters.com/heck...-receiver-fcg/
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,843
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Soooo...back to the intent of the thread....



    Care to elaborate now that you're done gallivanting around exciting Tacoma? If I text Justin, he'll just offer me 3 more jobs that I'm probably not qualified to do (kidding...kind of).
    Justin told me don't do it, basically all I needed to know. I trust his expertise. I can definitely have him elaborate if he cares to.

    Since I'm not going to do a MR556 Lower at this point, a Colt will have to do. My buddies at Geissele sent me this 416 trigger.

    Name:  5S3A5858.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  851.1 KB

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Fair enough. I figured they're might be some technical/structural reason that he was saying that.

    I have one of my Colts on 416 duty as well, albeit with a KAC hammer. I issue starting this last weekend is a bolt-over-base issue, which is a bit frustrating, since the first 400 rounds were problem free with the same mags.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    7,592
    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Since I'm not going to do a MR556 Lower at this point, a Colt will have to do.
    How about an 80% lower with with all the 416 markings? I have a buddy with a 416 I could copy.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    FWIW, a LMT lower is also correct for some units. I plan to F1 mine and use that, putting the Colt back on the Block 2 upper...as soon as I can figure out how not to pay $35 for digital fingerprints.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,288
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Ink ones are still $15 here at the S.O. They're good for one year, correct? Do they keep those on file for a year and shitcan them? Technically not a derail since I advised you to go to your local Sheriff's Office instead of paying SiCo's highway robbery.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Ink ones are still $15 here at the S.O. They're good for one year, correct? Do they keep those on file for a year and shitcan them? Technically not a derail since I advised you to go to your local Sheriff's Office instead of paying SiCo's highway robbery.
    I think I can just do it on base for free, I just have to get connected to the right person. Unfortunately the DoD electronic system here can't print onto cards. If only the ATF could take digital...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,288
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I think I can just do it on base for free, I just have to get connected to the right person. Unfortunately the DoD electronic system here can't print onto cards. If only the ATF could take digital...
    Aren't the SiCo kiosk prints digital? You're right, the system sucks. Ink has been out for ages yet its still the currency of choice for the ATF regarding print registration. Electronic format would be better on orders of magnitude, but unless you're a lobbyist, they won't listen to reason. I wonder if anything will ever happen with the white paper that was allegedly penned by the ATF's second guy, but I figure it was tossed in the furnace when they cremated his remains.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,843
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    How about an 80% lower with with all the 416 markings? I have a buddy with a 416 I could copy.
    I've seen some tastefully done ones. I may consider that in the future.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,254
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Aren't the SiCo kiosk prints digital?
    I have no idea. I've never used SilencerCo's system. I found a local guy here that will electronically scan your prints (he does it for state and federal requirements) and then prints them on FBI cards. They're actually very nicely done, but they're $35 per pair.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,440
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Aren't the SiCo kiosk prints digital? You're right, the system sucks. Ink has been out for ages yet its still the currency of choice for the ATF regarding print registration. Electronic format would be better on orders of magnitude, but unless you're a lobbyist, they won't listen to reason. I wonder if anything will ever happen with the white paper that was allegedly penned by the ATF's second guy, but I figure it was tossed in the furnace when they cremated his remains.
    Yes, Kiosks are digital. I got printed at my local PD for my SBR and they digitally scanned me then printed out my cards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •