Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    SCARs are down to $2300 today. Eventually, the dip will pull the price down on 556's. It probably won't touch the 416 upper though d/t the militaria market. You can hear teeth gnashing for SR 16 uppers as well as CMP 1911's.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lack of pictures...

Name:  5S3A5716.jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  928.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    SCARs are down to $2300 today. Eventually, the dip will pull the price down on 556's. It probably won't touch the 416 upper though d/t the militaria market. You can hear teeth gnashing for SR 16 uppers as well as CMP 1911's.
    Speaking of... I noticed that SR16 uppers are not even listed as available from the manufacturer anymore on the Brownells site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soooo...back to the intent of the thread....

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77
    On a quick note, after chatting with Justin about the 416 vent conversion, I've decided I'm not doing it. If you end up doing it, I've VERY curious to see how it works for you.
    Care to elaborate now that you're done gallivanting around exciting Tacoma? If I text Justin, he'll just offer me 3 more jobs that I'm probably not qualified to do (kidding...kind of).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure if this is a good deal or not but it is what it is.
    http://shopmodernoutfitters.com/heck...-receiver-fcg/
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Soooo...back to the intent of the thread....

Care to elaborate now that you're done gallivanting around exciting Tacoma? If I text Justin, he'll just offer me 3 more jobs that I'm probably not qualified to do (kidding...kind of).
    Justin told me don't do it, basically all I needed to know. I trust his expertise. I can definitely have him elaborate if he cares to.

Since I'm not going to do a MR556 Lower at this point, a Colt will have to do. My buddies at Geissele sent me this 416 trigger.

Name:  5S3A5858.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  851.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough. I figured they're might be some technical/structural reason that he was saying that.

I have one of my Colts on 416 duty as well, albeit with a KAC hammer. I issue starting this last weekend is a bolt-over-base issue, which is a bit frustrating, since the first 400 rounds were problem free with the same mags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Since I'm not going to do a MR556 Lower at this point, a Colt will have to do.
    How about an 80% lower with with all the 416 markings? I have a buddy with a 416 I could copy.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, a LMT lower is also correct for some units. I plan to F1 mine and use that, putting the Colt back on the Block 2 upper...as soon as I can figure out how not to pay $35 for digital fingerprints.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ink ones are still $15 here at the S.O. They're good for one year, correct? Do they keep those on file for a year and shitcan them? Technically not a derail since I advised you to go to your local Sheriff's Office instead of paying SiCo's highway robbery.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ink ones are still $15 here at the S.O. They're good for one year, correct? Do they keep those on file for a year and shitcan them? Technically not a derail since I advised you to go to your local Sheriff's Office instead of paying SiCo's highway robbery.
    I think I can just do it on base for free, I just have to get connected to the right person. Unfortunately the DoD electronic system here can't print onto cards. If only the ATF could take digital...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I think I can just do it on base for free, I just have to get connected to the right person. Unfortunately the DoD electronic system here can't print onto cards. If only the ATF could take digital...
    Aren't the SiCo kiosk prints digital? You're right, the system sucks. Ink has been out for ages yet its still the currency of choice for the ATF regarding print registration. Electronic format would be better on orders of magnitude, but unless you're a lobbyist, they won't listen to reason. I wonder if anything will ever happen with the white paper that was allegedly penned by the ATF's second guy, but I figure it was tossed in the furnace when they cremated his remains.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    How about an 80% lower with with all the 416 markings? I have a buddy with a 416 I could copy.
    I've seen some tastefully done ones. I may consider that in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aren't the SiCo kiosk prints digital?
    I have no idea. I've never used SilencerCo's system. I found a local guy here that will electronically scan your prints (he does it for state and federal requirements) and then prints them on FBI cards. They're actually very nicely done, but they're $35 per pair.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aren't the SiCo kiosk prints digital? You're right, the system sucks. Ink has been out for ages yet its still the currency of choice for the ATF regarding print registration. Electronic format would be better on orders of magnitude, but unless you're a lobbyist, they won't listen to reason. I wonder if anything will ever happen with the white paper that was allegedly penned by the ATF's second guy, but I figure it was tossed in the furnace when they cremated his remains.
    Yes, Kiosks are digital. I got printed at my local PD for my SBR and they digitally scanned me then printed out my cards.