Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I must have got it in before HK sent them the C&D letter.

Most people will only engrave 80% as they don't have an FFL. Never heard of SALE in San Antonio. There's a file on HKPro that's a few years old for the markings that you can bring to a competent laser shop.
    Yeah, I have the files, just been too busy with work to do anything yet. The San Antonio guys are using that file, as it has the older city on it. Since our uppers are '07, I'm fine with that. Those guys were cross-posted on the clone group on FB, which is how I found out about them.

The Carolina guy said he wasn't given a C&D letter, but maybe he didn't want to admit to it. Either way, it's a bummer that option went away. That was a good price for good work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Yeah, I have the files, just been too busy with work to do anything yet. The San Antonio guys are using that file, as it has the older city on it. Since our uppers are '07, I'm fine with that. Those guys were cross-posted on the clone group on FB, which is how I found out about them.

The Carolina guy said he wasn't given a C&D letter, but maybe he didn't want to admit to it. Either way, it's a bummer that option went away. That was a good price for good work.
    I'm guessing he did get a C&D or got some kind of notice. If you look at his instagram, he's removed all previous photos of his work on 416 markings.

The first day he offered it I sent mine in as I figured it was only a matter of time before it was over.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A7766.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  233.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious, UW, why did you go with "Ashburn, VA?" I thought the original files were "Sterling, VA," which would match the date code on the upper.

Anywho...Nice to finally have a little time to go shoot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Curious, UW, why did you go with "Ashburn, VA?" I thought the original files were "Sterling, VA," which would match the date code on the upper.

Anywho...Nice to finally have a little time to go shoot.
    Aint nobody got time for clone correct.

Honestly, I got it done so fast, I didn't stop and think about the little details. Like I mentioned, I sent it in the minute he put it live, and I knew my window was short.

Downloads
    Uploads

But seriously, now with the government open again, maybe some day soon I'll send mine off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not 100% happy with the engraving, but at least it's an example of Western decadence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Who did it? Looks ok, not great. How’s the other side?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Who did it? Looks ok, not great. How’s the other side?
    What was frustrating is that I emailed all the files and fonts but it seems they didn't use any of them. Spacing is really the biggest issue, although the font is slightly (slightly) different. They had apparently done one before and I think since they had already done one, they didn't bother to look at what I had provided. Honestly, that's my biggest complaint. At least tell me you can't use what I provided. But honestly, a lot of my frustration went away once I started shooting it.

Other side is fine, again, just slightly smaller spacing than what it should be.

I won't name the vendor here, but their initials involve the Carolinas. Shipping was super-fast, though, and the NFA engraving was nicely done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They did a good job with the logo, the font like you said is off. Did they offer you a partial or full refund ? I just ordered another Brownells lower, so I'm going to see who's available to do the second one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't ask. Maybe I should have, but it didn't seem worth the effort and won't change the end result.

PM inbound.

Downloads
    Uploads
    More or less done to my satisfaction.

Will do more HK furniture for the 2nd one.

Name:  5S3A7991.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  172.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lookin' good. I just wish Brownell's hadn't put the serial where they did.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested to see what you've decided on your engraving now that you have a stamp.

Also, H7L will give you another $20 off that BRN-4 lower. Plus Active Junky will take care of the FFL fee. For what it is, that's a pretty decent deal.