Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine is "fully operational" now that I have an orange spring and a Slash's XH buffer in it. I didn't realize how notorious these were for running full-power ammo suppressed without any gas block work. But with the change in parts, it's good to go across the board again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A8292.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  239.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been looking at the 416 stuff Brownells has. All I see is 16" barrels, where did you get your shorter ones? Or did you just buy complete uppers?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got an email from Brownells advertizing Lower and Upper kits to build a 416. Might want to take another look.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s what I was talking about, but they’ve only got 16” barrels.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    That’s what I was talking about, but they’ve only got 16” barrels.
    Slipper's friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who who told UWone about selling 416 uppers at 31 Flavors and several of us bought them.

Those kits have been coming down in price, but since you're still not getting the HK barrel (and bolt), it's still expensive. Then again, if you actually price out all of the 416 specific lower parts (not including the common GI parts), you're looking at ~$700 if you just did everything at Brownell's, so I guess it's all relative. The biggest advantage to the parts kits right now is that most of the lower parts are OOS everywhere because everyone bought them up when the lowers came out.

ETA: Spoke with San Antonio Laser yesterday and got a little more background on them. Apparently they went to H&K and asked for permission to recreate their markings. I asked if they were using the HK Pro files and the guy said no, they made their own based on H&K's actual data. Kind of cool. Anywho, that's why you have to sign the form. NFA engraving was an additional $40, which is a bit steep, but at least it's one-stop shopping.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Right, so chances of getting a shorter barrel are slim...
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Right, so chances of getting a shorter barrel are slim...
    You can basically go 3 routes:

Cut down an MR556 upper. This is what a lot of people do, but it's still not a 416 barrel, No Chrome lining, and the MR556 barrel is slightly thicker.

Buy a barrel from Nefarious Arms. I believe Marvin Pitts green lit his 416 barrel project. Price was around the $525 mark. Actually, I think Hurrican Butterfly, they sold the 12.5k HK416 C's had extra barrels available when they made them for their 416 C project. I believe he's going to list them on gunbroker.

Buy a real 416 upper kit. Prices have been hovering around 2700-3200 depending on date codes, condition, ect.

If done right, it's a satisfying project, it's just not cheap. Welcome to HK stuff I guess...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_8984.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  297.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A8294.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  165.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_9302.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  452.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate to admit it because I really don't want or need to buy any more uppers for a while, but the last sale (which is no longer) along with a 10% coupon on the 416 parts kit got me thinking about building a 416 Recce. From some cursory reading, it sounds like the Brownell's barrels are actually pretty good.

Just thinking, not acting.

Downloads
    Uploads

HK 416 Thread

Looking good, UW. Will the selector refuse to move to the 3rd position?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I hate to admit it because I really don't want or need to buy any more uppers for a while, but the last sale (which is no longer) along with a 10% coupon on the 416 parts kit got me thinking about building a 416 Recce. From some cursory reading, it sounds like the Brownell's barrels are actually pretty good.

Just thinking, not acting.
    Funny you mention that... had the same thought, and then reconsidered as I just didn't want to pony up the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Looking good, UW. Will the selector refuse to move to the 3rd position?
    I guess I could just put a F/A selector in there so it will move to the third position. The pull of the trigger disagrees though.