Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with Light Weight Charging Handle

Maybe someone can save me from going to every single CH I can google, looking for the lightest, would be like a needle in a haystack. This is for my lightweight project. Before contacting alxnut about shipping parts and a couple more questions for multi-camo job, I did one last double check and found two items I forgot, one being the CH. I'm guessing that a stock mil-spec would probably be lighter than a huge winged ambi would be, and it would be dirt cheap, but I love the ambi CH's over milspec any day. Anyone know of such a lightweight ambi beast that will help me squeeze those last couple of ounces, off of the top of my head, so I don't have to spend a week with a notepad writing down weights? Also must be tough enough to handle anything that I could throw at it. Recap, lightweight is the key word here.

As always, thanks ahead for the help,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I recall correctly a standard milspec CH runs about 1.09 ounces. I only use LWRC ambi CH's in all my rifles. They are rock solid with a pretty low profile as far as ambi CH's go. Its 1.8 ounces and 2 1/4" from outside of latch to outside of latch. That's the only ones I know of, hope that helps.Name:  20170728_210544.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  73.4 KB
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Sintercore Tripwire SCV is the lightest ambidextrous one I know of, 1 oz. It's a very similar design to the Mega, the Sintercore may have come out first. As light as it is though, I doubt it's much lighter than most charging handles.

https://sintercore.com/product/tripwire-5-56-scv/
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    If I recall correctly a standard milspec CH runs about 1.09 ounces. I only use LWRC ambi CH's in all my rifles. They are rock solid with a pretty low profile as far as ambi CH's go. Its 1.8 ounces and 2 1/4" from outside of latch to outside of latch. That's the only ones I know of, hope that helps.Name:  20170728_210544.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  73.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The Sintercore Tripwire SCV is the lightest ambidextrous one I know of, 1 oz. It's a very similar design to the Mega, the Sintercore may have come out first. As light as it is though, I doubt it's much lighter than most charging handles.

https://sintercore.com/product/tripwire-5-56-scv/
    WOW! I didn't realize that there was only that much difference between a "light weight ambi" and a milspec CH.Thanks for helping me narrow the field down, without having to stay up until 0300hrs trying to search enough to shave off .01 ounce at a time!

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't consider the CH to be a weight savings item. Just rock what you like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I don't consider the CH to be a weight savings item. Just rock what you like.
    O.K. dude, consider yourself banned!!

NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    O.K. dude, consider yourself banned!!

FT,

You already cut corners on your LW build, it's already gone past dstrbdmedic levels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    FT,

You already cut corners on your LW build, it's already gone past dstrbdmedic levels.
    ^^
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Da fuq?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bought the Sintercore ambi at 1oz. Cool how the mechanism works, too. Thanks for the help.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let us know what you think of it. Looks like a very good design, but I've never seen one in person.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let us know what you think of it. Looks like a very good design, but I've never seen one in person.
    Id also be interested in hearing. Did you get their SCV (Suppressor Compatible version)? I just saw it on their website, and on their regular Tripwire page it says the SCV is lighter, though both are listed at 1 oz. the SCV just has some vent holes in the main shaft.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Id also be interested in hearing. Did you get their SCV (Suppressor Compatible version)? I just saw it on their website, and on their regular Tripwire page it says the SCV is lighter, though both are listed at 1 oz. the SCV just has some vent holes in the main shaft.
    No, I'm pretty sure I didn't. I got fed up with NFA stuff a several years ago, and swore it off altogether. Unfortunately, that means I can't own a suppressor (downside), unless I want to "un-swear-off" the NFA legal crap. So not getting the SCV wasn't important to me. If that legislation passes that makes them over-the-counter, or available with just a background check, passes, then maybe I'd buy a couple, and while I have doubt about that it'll pass, if the measure does go through, I'd probably have to wait an eternity to find one, they'll (suppressors) be flying off the shelf so fast you'd probably have better luck finding gold. Then the wholesale rapists will set the prices at about 10X what they are now.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 30 July 2017 at 23:59.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do. Probably just slip it into a rifle for an "indoor" T&E
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger