Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Purely... well mainly aesthetics for me. Back when the AX556 was new, the ambi market didn't exist like it does now. The market has definitely caught up and I think AXTS (Radian) missed the huge wave of ambi sales back in the day because they just couldn't produce. However, the AX556 still has the ADAC feature that most other ambi's lack, and it's just plain sexy to me. Always wanted another to SBR.

No doubt 12.5 is a great SBR length. However, for me it's been tough to find another barrel in 12.5 that meets the standards of my 12.5" Crusader Upper that John Noveske built, which I still have and shoot. 12.5" was Noveske's favorite length and arguably best barrel. If you look around 12.5" isn't all that popular with a lot of barrel manufacturers, they seem to prefer 10.3, 10.5 and 11.5" where have all the 12.5's gone?
    If you ever sell that upper let me know. Lol

I have this one waiting for a stamp to be approved.

https://www.triarcsystems.com/rifles...l#.WYDctFQpChA

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you like 10.5", then by all means, enjoy 10.5" uppers. I certainly enjoy my two 10.3 and this newfangled 10.4 that I picked up. But...

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    VSeven has a nice 12.5. And Joel will sell a reduced port if you request it (I have heard).
    This! And yes, he reduced my gas port. Every time I shoot it, I then look at it and think/say, "Man, this makes me look like such a better shooter than I really am."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Purely... well mainly aesthetics for me. Back when the AX556 was new, the ambi market didn't exist like it does now. The market has definitely caught up and I think AXTS (Radian) missed the huge wave of ambi sales back in the day because they just couldn't produce. However, the AX556 still has the ADAC feature that most other ambi's lack, and it's just plain sexy to me.
    Ah, right side BHO has my interest now. I had missed that as it just looks like a standard bolt release. That price, though! It will probably still drive me to the Aero ambi. I'm not a fan of that trigger guard, but otherwise like the looks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is the right side mag release is the bolt release as well? I'm confused...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yes, ADAC feature also on Umbrella billet lowers, and a think one of Rainier's forged lowers.

Just hold the mag release when you dump the mag and rack the charging handle to the rear and it locks open. There's a small detent between the mag release button and bolt catch. When the mag release is depressed it pushes the detent up into the bottom of the bolt catch, lifting it to catch the bolt.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, bolt locks back on empty mag after last round is fired, I drop the mag and the bolt goes into battery???
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most "ambi" receivers only let you release the bolt from the right side, but don't let you actually lock the bolt back from the right side.

Here is the description from Brownells:

Machined from billet 7075-T6 aluminum, the AX556 is a fully ambidextrous lower receiver for AR15-style firearms. In addition to the Talon Ambidextrous Safety Selector, left-side magazine release, and right-side bolt release, the AX556 features the patented A-DAC (Ambidextrous Dual Action Control), which allows right-handed shooters to easily lock the bolt to the rear without taking their hand off fire control. To hold the bolt back using the A-DAC, simply pull the charging handle to the rear, depress the right-side magazine release button, then release the charging handle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, bolt locks back on empty mag after last round is fired, I drop the mag and the bolt goes into battery???
    Negative. Still can't send the bolt home from the right side, only lock it back. More for administrative or malfunction clearance, such as instances that would already require you to drop the mag.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    VSeven has a nice 12.5. And Joel will sell a reduced port if you request it (I have heard).
    Starting my 12.5" SBR now. I want a CHF 12.5. Don't think V Seven offers such a barrel so I am going with a Noveske CHF on a V Seven Receiver Set!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Radian lower has a bolt release above the magazine release. So the mag release will hold the bolt open but the bolt release is in the same location on the right side as the left.

Maybe this is obvious in the discussion but it wasn't mentioned. Just FYI.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Negative. Still can't send the bolt home from the right side, only lock it back. More for administrative or malfunction clearance, such as instances that would already require you to drop the mag.
    The right side is still/also a bolt release. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying...

Downloads
    Uploads
    300-500 yards, Nosler 22 pushes 55 grainers at 3400 fps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    The right side is still/also a bolt release. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying...
    Oh, right, but I was just explaining the function of the ADAC feature. Radian kinda one-ups that even with the (separate) right side bolt release.
    -One Nation, Under God