Downloads
    Uploads

Photographing an eclipse

As most of you I'm sure know, the eclipse is on its way. I'm not fortunate enough to be in the path of totality, but according to the path, it will go over Nashville. I'm 500ish miles in a straight line from there. Hopefully it will be a clear day, and out at the farm with nothing around me but fields and mountains, I should (in theory) be able to get some good shots. I have done some reading and the only recommendation I have found is to use a filter to protect the camera. Makes sense, and I have a couple so I'm good there.

Anyone have any thoughts on taking good eclipse shots? I know there is a lot of professional and skilled amateur experience here, so I figured this would be a good place to turn. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting, the couple of articles I read didn't really point to that. However they discussed how 'simple' it could be, it got me thinking. But I had my doubts. Thanks for sharing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm right in its path!!!! I'll be on top of my works parking garage trying to take tons of pictures and time lapse

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's awesome. It's a shame I don't still live in wyoming. I'm going to get myself perched up on a hill that overlooks part of the farm, I hope I can get some good shots.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jealous you're in the path. I'm trying to convince the wife to make the 8 hour drive just to see it at it's totality.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Jealous you're in the path. I'm trying to convince the wife to make the 8 hour drive just to see it at it's totality.
    Come down to SC. I got a room

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://rcgov.us/eclipse.aspx

Ya'll can go to this link my county hosting and put the location of where you are viewing the eclipse and it'll show you the projected "view" of the eclipse from wherever you are. Really cool!