Thread: ABC/R, 7.62mm

Downloads
    Uploads

ABC/R, 7.62mm

2017 saw the introduction of 6315 flash suppressor/comp, and EMR-A (enhanced magazine release, ambidextrous). The third product to be released in 2017 isn't strictly new, but a development of an existing production item: ABC/R, 7.62mm. It's just as well we took our time with it, ABC/R for 7.62mm ARs has the latest refinement and improvement embodied in 5.56mm ABC/R v2. MSRP is slightly higher than the 5.56mm version, at $46.25, it is compatible with LR308 pattern 7.62mm AR receivers. Please note that 308 receiver with a small bolt catch paddle cutout is compatible, ABC/R 7.62mm might leave two small marks on it, they're cosmetic only. Receivers with large cutouts have ample clearance.

Availability is late this week. There are no 17-4 SS version planned, all 7.62mm ABC/Rs are heat treated 8620 and black nitrided, though 5.56mm spec ABC/R v2 in 17-4 will work on 7.62mm receivers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Will the horizontally serrated version be available late this week or just the dimpled?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both serrated and dimpled will be available

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats, Duffy. Good to see it hit the market!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in for one serrated. Glad I waited these are amazing as usual. Thank you Duffy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you guys! They should be ready to ship later today or tomorrow

Downloads
    Uploads
    Defiantly will have to try this out

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

ABC/R 7.62 on a 2A Armament Xanthos Receiver set (no magazine). (Side info: EMR-A Standard and EMR-C.)

Unfortunately there may be a compatibility issue with this receiver set. The joys of the 308 AR platform...

ABC/R V2 556 top and ABC/R 7.62 bottom

I'm thinking the circle sections is what is causing the issue. I'm currently working on swapping to the ABC/R V2 556 to see if the receiver was machined incorrectly. Will update later.

Edit to add: Unfortunately I don't have a 308 bcg to test function. I am waiting for Faxon to produce a low mass 308 carrier. I have their low mass gunner 556 carrier and am happy with that so I wanted to stick with their brand since I have their 308 barrel on this build as well.

Edit number 2:

Camera battery died but I was able to snap this pic real quick. On the right is the ABC/R 7.62. I circled where there is rubbing with the Xanthos receiver. I just got off the phone with Roger (thank you so much for the exchange!! ) and the unfortunate conclusion is that ABC/R 7.62 is incompatible with the 2A Armament Xanthos receiver set . Oh well it was worth a shot. With the lack of a 308 receiver standard there's bound to be issues. Good news though! The ABC/R V2 556 fits with no rubbing issues ! So if you have a 2A Armament Xanthos and you're considering a ABC/R - definitely go with the ABC/R V2 556 version.

I'll have pictures of the ABC/R V2 556 on the Xanthos Receiver set in the other thread as soon as the battery is done charging and I snap some pics. (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...s-Design-ABC-R)
    Last edited by Evintos; 4 August 2017 at 15:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    5.56mm spec ABC/R v2 is compatible with 7.62mm. The parts in circle on the 7.62mm ABC/R v2 is based on DPMS 7.62mm bolt catch.

You're correct that the lack of a standard 308 AR standards is problematic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice Roger! I've got a couple of AR10 builds in various stages. Might have to put this one on the 16"

Downloads
    Uploads
    This 7.62 ABC/R v2 is so popular they Are like finding unicorn tears! That’s a good thing! Kinda!! But I read where Roger said the 5.67 was compatible with 7.62 receivers so I think I’ll give it a try. I had this insanity happen today.
    I should have went with Forward Controls from the get go.

Lesson learned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Until 308 ABC/R v3 (and 223 ABC/R v3, for that matter) is available later this year or early next, we've been suggesting the 17-4 SS black nitrided 223 spec ABC/R v2 for those that can't wait.

Armalite appears to use unaltered 223 bolt catch for its AR10-A. 17-4 SS black nitrided will be more than strong enough for the task.