Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I almost added that but it lost the poetry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just don't get the whole 12.5" SBR thing. Why waste $200 when you're only realizing 3.5" net reduction in barrel length? I get it that 12.5" maximizes velocity in a compact package, but really? Unburnt powder/fireball reduction: really? If it's because you can and by damn, it's your money you worked for then by all means, have at it, brother, but the other reasons seem like weak sauce. If some HSLD crew likes their barrels longer, that's cool too. I also get that too short and you got a blasty, flame-belching beast, but the majority of folks here shoot suppressed at least a percentage of the time. What is the real world benefit of 12.5" barrel SBR's vs. traditional (10.3"/10.5") shorties, other than the opinion of some SME I've never heard of on some other forum?

RXer: I'm not knocking your choice of build bro; that V7 is going to be unimpeachably facking awesome. I'm just wanting to find some rationale for the shift away from a long time standard SBR length.

PS: This pretty much takes the idea that only shorties are flamethrowers and flushes it down the groaner!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll try to give a more detailed answer later but my 12.5" SBR is one of my favorite guns by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I just don't get the whole 12.5" SBR thing. Why waste $200 when you're only realizing 3.5" net reduction in barrel length? I get it that 12.5" maximizes velocity in a compact package, but really? Unburnt powder/fireball reduction: really? If it's because you can and by damn, it's your money you worked for then by all means, have at it, brother, but the other reasons seem like weak sauce. If some HSLD crew likes their barrels longer, that's cool too. I also get that too short and you got a blasty, flame-belching beast, but the majority of folks here shoot suppressed at least a percentage of the time. What is the real world benefit of 12.5" barrel SBR's vs. traditional (10.3"/10.5") shorties, other than the opinion of some SME I've never heard of on some other forum?

RXer: I'm not knocking your choice of build bro; that V7 is going to be unimpeachably facking awesome. I'm just wanting to find some rationale for the shift away from a long time standard SBR length.

PS: This pretty much takes the idea that only shorties are flamethrowers and flushes it down the groaner!

Short answer...I already have a 10.3 (just waiting for my stamp to put a stock on it). I'll lwt medic give the long answer lol. I was going to do a 300blk but ammo cost is keeping me out of the game for now...but a 9mm sbr may be my next build.

So whats the word on a BA 12.5 modern series? Yay or nay?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Switching gears with this build. Will start a new build thread when more parts arrive.

I just was thinking that I have 2 14.5" pinned rifles, a 13.7" pinned rifle, and a 10.3" SBR. I don't currently have a rifle in my safe with a 16" or greater barrel. Going for an SPRish build. Going to try and keep it light as possible.

Got some stuff on the way!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do a 20"

Name:  5S3A4690.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  3.38 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm patiently awaiting the upper and rail from Radian for just such a build. Haven't decided on an 18" or 20" barrel yet. Weight reduction is stupid expensive for tiny gains. Not worth it IMO*.

* Not that I don't enjoy a good, snobby alloy as much as the next metal snob, it's just stupidly expensive to build a long barreled AT using super light stuff. Better to put that cost into an ultra light SBR, where the barrel isn't eating up all the gains.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Do a 20"

Name:  5S3A4690.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  3.38 MB
    Doing a 16" with a BA Fluted 16" SPR barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I'm patiently awaiting the upper and rail from Radian for just such a build. Haven't decided on an 18" or 20" barrel yet. Weight reduction is stupid expensive for tiny gains. Not worth it IMO*.

* Not that I don't enjoy a good, snobby alloy as much as the next metal snob, it's just stupidly expensive to build a long barreled AT using super light stuff. Better to put that cost into an ultra light SBR, where the barrel isn't eating up all the gains.
    I am not going to try to build the lightest rifle on the planet, but I am going to cut weight intelligently with smart part choices. Part of a V Seven rifle is saving weight...so I am going to do that where I can, but not worry about every single ounce. If there is a cheap way to save weight, I will do so. In my new build thread, I will explain my part decisions as I go through it.