Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls SBCG

As many of you know, Wiley Arms in Arlington, TX makes most, and soon all of our parts for us. We've never pretended to make anything in house, and always disclosed the shops that make our components for us. We've settled on Wiley Arms, because they're an absolute joy to work with, they can hold the tolerances we demand, and they never cut corners.

This year alone, we've introduced three new products: 6315, EMR-A, and ABC/R v2, 7.62mm, all of which are made by Wiley Arms for Forward Controls.

The fourth product we're working on is in the main based on Wiley Arms' own bolt carrier, with Forward Controls designed changes, we're receiving Ned Christiansen and Sionics support in the effort.

As to what SBCG means, I'll say it's just a logical and practical change, but not what the S stands for yet, you know I'm a tease It will be properly staked, we're using considerable resources to do just that one part.

I refuse to use "enhanced" in any of our products going forward. Our early products do have that word (EMR, EMR-C), and since the ambi mag release is in the mag release product family, it inherited the E in it namesake EMR-A. How does one define "enhanced"? It can be so insignificant in results as to be completely negligible and immaterial, and doesn't describe what the the "enhanced" product actually enhances.

No ETA at the moment, as we're in very early stages of the project. As always, we will post first look pics and far more detailed info here first.
    Last edited by Duffy; 4 August 2017 at 07:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like I'll be getting a BCG in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger you're one of the worst teases.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    God dammit and I had just settled on a Cryptic Coatings LW BCG...

FML
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Come on ghost, I have revealed quite a bit about it already

The changes we'll be making on the carrier are the carrier key screws (not our own design), staking will be done by Sionics, and one last part that's really quite minor. Wiley Arms BCG is out there for all to see, ours will look very much like it, though without the WILEY engraving, it'll have a tiny Cygnus logo instead.
    Last edited by Duffy; 4 August 2017 at 11:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So like this but not?

Name:  IMG_2064.JPG
Views: 1751
Size:  83.8 KB
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The carrier is mostly like that, save for the S part in the SBCG. It will have a very small Cygnus logo in place of the engraved WILEY, but that's just cosmetic and didn't get a lot of attention, I actually went out of my way to make the logo inconspicuous and small, we're selling a product, not our logo.

The bolt will be different, as are the gas key screws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So will this FCD BCG be slid into a future FCD Upper?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It can be

The upper too is based on Wiley Arms' own upper, with couple of minor changes, all practical, none cosmetic. Well it will have a tiny Cygnus logo somewhere, but I'll make it hard to find and inconspicuous as always

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll start saving, can't wait to see this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It can't be "SUPER"; that'd be Geissele.

And Gost is right, for a self-proclaimed cagey fellow, you leak like an 80 year-old woman at the comedy club.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like we better get the mop.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Swan BCG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're going to use Ned's new gas key screws, I suspect.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep we'll be using Ned's gas key screws. I have to downplay the S part in the SBCG, it's really a minor change that most people won't care about. The most important part is the gas key stacking, and the use of Ned's screws to facilitate that.

We are not making claims of how it's enhanced in any way, just that it'll be very reliable. The S part of its namesake is quite unimportant.

It's not swan or super