Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So will this FCD BCG be slid into a future FCD Upper?
    Or it will be standard in a FCD rifle... Or maybe a special run of stripped forged lowers with your logo.
    You can put me down for one. Just a one time run so they become ultra rare...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I can find someone willing to make the changes we have in mind. There are some little but meaningful ergonomics changes I've thought of that can be put on a lower, just need to find a manufacturer that sees them as useful and marketable, and can make them for itself, all we ask is a tiny logo of ours somewhere to note FCD's involvement.

Uppers are easier, as the changes we'll be making are fewer, there aren't a lot to be done to really improve an upper, but ours will be somewhat unique because nobody else has done it yet.
    Last edited by Duffy; 4 August 2017 at 20:22.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about Mega? Couldn't they do a run of like 50 forged lowers for you? I am pretty sure you could get the majority of them sold here even on a pre-sale to confirm commitment. We all know your a extremely trustworthy man. I would like to see a decent sized logo of yours on the magwell. I know UW would take at least 5 of these.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Yep we'll be using Ned's gas key screws. I have to downplay the S part in the SBCG, it's really a minor change that most people won't care about. The most important part is the gas key stacking, and the use of Ned's screws to facilitate that.

We are not making claims of how it's enhanced in any way, just that it'll be very reliable. The S part of its namesake is quite unimportant.

It's not swan or super
    I knew it. It's SMOOT.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    What about Mega? Couldn't they do a run of like 50 forged lowers for you? I am pretty sure you could get the majority of them sold here even on a pre-sale to confirm commitment. We all know your a extremely trustworthy man. I would like to see a decent sized logo of yours on the magwell. I know UW would take at least 5 of these.
    I'm still pissed I missed out on the Fathom run.

Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls SBCG

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I'm still pissed I missed out on the Fathom run.
    So buy the BCG in the classifieds and then get the next run. You'd be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Roger you're one of the worst teases.
    100 % agreed lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    We can work with Rainier Arms, assuming they're interested. Mega has been bought out by Zev, I don't know if Jason Curns is still there. I think RA may be more agreeable to it, but things are slow, I don't know if they'd want to take on something like this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good, keep us posted. Just promise me you wont shave off the selector stops. Sorry for side tracking the thread. Will the BCG be coated in NiB? Or something else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Carrier will be NiB coated, we will deviate from Wiley Arms BCG in we'll be using a different bolt. Re: selector stops, they're only necessary for M16 receivers, as M16 selectors can be easily over rotated past SAFE and BURST/AUTO positions. But I haven't though of the stops since my days at Battle Arms lol, the presence or absence of them doesn't affect ergonomics, so I paid them scant thought

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm gone for a day and miss all the excitement.

Standing in line with dinero.

And a limited edition lower with the FC logo mill engraved ... some things sound too good to be true.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Carrier will be NiB coated, we will deviate from Wiley Arms BCG in we'll be using a different bolt. Re: selector stops, they're only necessary for M16 receivers, as M16 selectors can be easily over rotated past SAFE and BURST/AUTO positions. But I haven't though of the stops since my days at Battle Arms lol, the presence or absence of them doesn't affect ergonomics, so I paid them scant thought

Fully agree with the original design on the selector stops but feel they still play an important role today on a semi auto rifle. Whether by design or on accident I think that in the event of a fall with the rifle, or a dropped rifle, a direct impact on a safety selector without the stops could possibly render a rifle inoperable. It may end up stuck on safe or be jammed up and not allow the trigger to function. Whether in combat, or a self defensive situation a non functioning weapon is a bad thing. While training I have taken a few spills down a muddy hill, tripped over logs and have gotten snagged up in some real thick over growth. The chances may be slim but none the less it stills exists. I would rather have them than not because some engineer somewhere sitting behind a desk designing their latest lower receiver decided it was out dated and decided not to incorporate them. More and more I am seeing lowers with them shaved off. Case in point the BAD lower, I wanted to get one for a build but decided against it for this reason. For a guy that just takes his AR to the range once a month that may be fine, but their are still some of us that beat the living snot out of our gear and run it like it was intended to be used. Sometimes its the little advantages that end up making a bigger difference. How many times has something happened to us in life and then we say "what were the odds of that happening"
    Last edited by Stone; 5 August 2017 at 20:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    So buy the BCG in the classifieds and then get the next run. You'd be set.

Already got one of those. Haven't heard about a next run, have you?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was still there when the forged lower was being decided, but I think I might have argued for them to stay, you never know when someone was going to drop a RDIAS or Lightning LInk in there. Their lightweight lower probably did away with them to save weight.

I'm not on the light weight wagon, none of the small changes have to do with weight saving, I think that boat sailed long ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Hahaha... I'm in 5 of nothing.

But I would support FCD and buy an upper/BCG