Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    S = Splendiferous?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Coatings on the carrier aren't all that important, at least in my opinion. But if you do decide to look at other options, please give DLC a gander.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must not have ever noticed that you use Wiley Arms as your machine shop. I don't think I've ever noticed them before. Just started following them on IG and FB.

BCG looks great. Interested on what the "S" stands for and how different the bolt itself will be.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    S= Staked
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It will be staked

Wiley Arms used to be (and still is) an OEM user, they build precision rigs. I'd like to use their lower as a template, alas they're very busy, we'll work on the upper first, as it has fewer changes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "We'll talk about the bolt next :)"
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Considering offering options on bolts (user's choice)

Meanwhile...

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^The OCKS^
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Make one of the bolt options a 6.5 Grendel and you can have my sister's firstborn son.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are going to need to see a pic of her before that could go any further.

@ Duffy. Are the recesses on the bolt head so the swaged material from the carrier key actually bite/bind into something?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of info on the OCKS on m4carbine.net http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....ier-key-screws

OCKS, provided they're properly staked, add another layer of assurance the screws will not back out. It's a rather smart and yet simple implementation, wish I had thought of it first

Downloads
    Uploads
    We're couple of weeks before product launch, so now we can show some pics

This is an SBCG prototype. The laser engraving took up a lot more time than I cared to spend, mostly to make it small, which is a problem when it's TOO small lol. I want the wing span of the Cygnus to be no wider than 0.25, the engraver talked me out of it so it's now slightly bigger, but still on the inconspicuous side.

The prototype doesn't have the gas key. As stated previously, the secure staking aspect is the heart of the SBCG. SBCGs will be sent to Sionics to have OCKS installed and staked, also using Ned's industrial strength staking machine.

The serrations you see (or might have missed) are the "slick side" portion, for folks with uppers sans a forward assist. The area forward of the two gas vents can be used to push the carrier forward, the serrations simply make doing so easier than a finger on a normally smooth surface. Throughout the thread, I've downplayed this part of the SBCG, because it is a minor change/improvement, we've seen such implementation on some G3 carriers, and the half moon shape cutout on the UMP bolt carrier serves the same purpose.

Despite the assertion that the area is meant to be used as a forward assist, I disagree, I'll need to take this up with Chris Bartocci to get the real answer. It's concave to accommodate the ejection port's spring loaded ball bearing "bump", I don't believe it was designed for a finger to push on it. Nevertheless, it does have the shape to be used in that fashion, so we added serrations to make pushing on it easier.
    Last edited by Duffy; 3 November 2017 at 09:06.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the serrations for your thumb/finger, noticed them and knew what they were for immediately.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    SBCG marks the last of our 2017 product offering. This year saw the introduction of 7.62mm spec ABC/R v2, EMR-A, 6315, and just yesterday, URF. SBCG has been significantly delayed, I would have liked to have it available for purchase at the same time as URF.

For 2018, we may see an URF2 and a castle nut done Forward Controls way, simple one piece ring as the original, but can be more securely staked than the TDP spec unit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SEXY!!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!