Page 136 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2419
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I'd be curious to learn the approved process for clearing a suppressor that's been submerged; whether there are any special dance steps that can assure you won't over pressurize the tube when firing. Is it still (was it ever) a thing to use condoms and RTV to limit water entry?
    I am by no means at a pointy end of a stick to definitively answer your question. I would imagine the process is similar to clearing the rest of the gun...opening up the chamber/unscrewing the can and dumping the water out. FWIW, when I was going through ROTC, there was a SEAL going through the ECP program a year or so ahead of me and at some point this subject came up. He said it was pretty common to use condoms and rubber bands when coming in over the beach.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TENTEX View Post
    The Osprey was designed to be used “wet” or “dry.” If you are going to shoot “wet” for
    increased sound suppression, insert a small amount (about 5 cc) of an ablative medium into
    the back of the suppressor.
    The Osprey is a centerfire pistol can, is it not?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Independent of the Osprey...

From Surefire's manual:

To eliminate first round flash, detach suppressor and add a small amount of water into the rear of the suppressor or submerge suppressor under water. Be sure to drain all excess water before re-attaching suppressor.

NOTE: A "wet" suppressor can be used in potentially flammable environments; it reduces the possibility of a secondary ignition.
    As Former11B said, no doubt part of a MILSPEC requirement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I am by no means at a pointy end of a stick to definitively answer your question. I would imagine the process is similar to clearing the rest of the gun...opening up the chamber/unscrewing the can and dumping the water out. FWIW, when I was going through ROTC, there was a SEAL going through the ECP program a year or so ahead of me and at some point this subject came up. He said it was pretty common to use condoms and rubber bands when coming in over the beach.
    We used condoms for years on chest darts as makeshift flutter valves. Necessity being the mother of invention. Now we just stab the chest and let it vent. I was once asked "Joel, why the 10 gauge?" My reply was stolen directly from the great Sir Edmund Hillary. Moral of the story: breathe deeply around the Medics.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    The Osprey is a centerfire pistol can, is it not?
    Yes as originally intended but I frequently used it on my 300 BO with suppressed rounds and Klein Wire Lube for shooting wild pigs.

Gel stays in place as when the water evaporates.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TENTEX View Post
    Yes as originally intended but I frequently used it on my 300 BO with suppressed rounds and Klein Wire Lube for shooting wild pigs.

Gel stays in place as when the water evaporates.
    Subsonic rounds are much lower pressure than full power rounds, which most manufacturers highly recommend against using while shooting wet. That’s my point

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A6982.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  61.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice. I take it you're more of a vertical hand grip guy rather than an angled/handstop grip kind of guy? And the QD looks very understated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiptoe through the tax stamps!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first 12.5” — 5.56 Hodge Defense barrel. SLR 11.7” rail. Recce 5 can and Acog to be determined. I’m leaning towards The TA 110.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    TA33!! I want one of those (a TA33C) to replace my TA11J. Half the weight and only .5x less magnification

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    TA33!! I want one of those (a TA33C) to replace my TA11J. Half the weight and only .5x less magnification
    Yeah, the 33 is great on a pencil barrel 14.5”. About the same balance as a
    red dot. The 110 on the same gun feels like it wants to tip over like Guam.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A7117.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  74.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A7226.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  188.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads