Page 146 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2419
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are both really nice, UW. That B5 stock must be extra crunchy vs the creamy peanut butter of the other stuff. I think this came up before, but I should I presume you are lefty based on the light set-up?

What's your view on shooting the HK? I've heard less than flattery comments about them from a few sources. Any comparison you can draw against other piston offerings, like LMT? I love HK roller locks, but I just haven't been able to get excited about their ARs at those prices. Not saying I wouldn't love to have one. Maybe I should pick up the Brownells lower before July 1, but I just don't see myself dropping and $3+K on the parts kit etc when I still have a MWS to build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The calculus for the Brownell's kit falls apart for me because there's no HK barrel. That really is the heart of the system. I'd really like to shoot a 14.5 or 16" version of a 416, though, just to compare it to the 10.4".

I have just shy of 1,800 rounds through mine and it's unnecessary for the world I live in. But it's still fun to shoot. A bit more recoil impulse than a 10.3" DI gun, and a little gassier, assuming the DI gun is ported correctly. The HK is exceptionally accurate. I work with a guy who was a Marine infantryman and he eventually carried the M27 with an ACOG on top in AFG. He said he really liked the rifle, it was very accurate, and was a step up from the SAW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Those are both really nice, UW. That B5 stock must be extra crunchy vs the creamy peanut butter of the other stuff. I think this came up before, but I should I presume you are lefty based on the light set-up?

What's your view on shooting the HK? I've heard less than flattery comments about them from a few sources. Any comparison you can draw against other piston offerings, like LMT? I love HK roller locks, but I just haven't been able to get excited about their ARs at those prices. Not saying I wouldn't love to have one. Maybe I should pick up the Brownells lower before July 1, but I just don't see myself dropping and $3+K on the parts kit etc when I still have a MWS to build.
    Correct, I'm a lefty. If I were you and had a remote interest in a future 416, I'd pick up a Brownells Lower, especially with the climate in this state. Plus they're $299 now instead of $399, well worth it IMHO. Try to catch it on a 10% off or $30 off $300 deal and you have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The calculus for the Brownell's kit falls apart for me because there's no HK barrel. That really is the heart of the system. I'd really like to shoot a 14.5 or 16" version of a 416, though, just to compare it to the 10.4".

I have just shy of 1,800 rounds through mine and it's unnecessary for the world I live in. But it's still fun to shoot. A bit more recoil impulse than a 10.3" DI gun, and a little gassier, assuming the DI gun is ported correctly. The HK is exceptionally accurate. I work with a guy who was a Marine infantryman and he eventually carried the M27 with an ACOG on top in AFG. He said he really liked the rifle, it was very accurate, and was a step up from the SAW.
    gator pretty much nailed it. The math doesn't work out with the Brownells kit, especially without a barrel and the bolt. You're really just left with some lower parts, a crappy quad rail and some other bits. At those prices, you can wait for a PD trade in at Clydes Armory or other places. The PD trade in market is drying up from what I understand as departments didn't adopt 416 in masses, and are moving away from them because of expense.

The recoil impluse is sharper and noticeably more gas. If you get a newer one with a vented gas block, it may help with those issues. If you want a piston gun, I'd just get a SCAR, which IMHO is the best suppressor host on the market, or a PWS. The 416 however is iconic, and I just had to have one. It's a tack driver and everyone who's shot mine always walks away with a smile. I ended up with 2 only because I got consecutive serial #'s on the uppers, so I figured my 2 year old needed one too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I really like this build. Very thoughtful, well planned. That's one of the things I enjoy about the building - planning it out, having a blue print or rendering in mind. This SBR is the epitomy of a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by apmcdaniel View Post
    I really like this build. Very thoughtful, well planned. That's one of the things I enjoy about the building - planning it out, having a blue print or rendering in mind. This SBR is the epitomy of a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got lucky on this one. Used a pre-existing SBR to put the stock on, then used a 7.5" Ballistic Advantage barrel on the HERA Arms 7" MLOK rail, with the SF can it fit like a glove.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_8753.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  480.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    9mm and .45 UMPs

Name:  IMG_9147.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  485.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A8342.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  217.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a P90 mated with a Tavor and had a baby

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Looks like a P90 mated with a Tavor and had a baby
    I'm not going to lie Dave... did it for the gram.

The stock is a tad long for my tastes, but the foregrip is surprisingly comfortable for me. It's definitely "different" looking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A8326.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  161.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A8335.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  223.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_9149.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  481.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Always loved the looks of that suppressor Jerry. Soooooooooooo short.