Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TENTEX View Post
    That looks like some fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TENTEX View Post
    What is that?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    What is that?
    Lage upper on a mac. Presumably a transferable since this is the NFA thread.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    1974 PS M10 with Lage Max 10/31 and my older Max 10/45 Mk2

http://max-11.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    How often do you get to shoot that can Jerry?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    How often do you get to shoot that can Jerry?
    Run it at Steve's during semi-annual range trips. Wet with a fresh wipe, it is good for 4 or 5 quiet shots. I have it on the night stand (dry) to kill flash if things go bump in the night. Steve has their Gen-2 (flat front end) and its' efficiency seems to be as good as, or slightly better. Price is very competitive with larger units. Only run it occasionally at the local range, work mostly on square box shooting there - eyes getting old

It is quite a bit shorter and lighter than the more efficient Ti-Rant.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is this"wet" you all speak of? Is it only a pistol thing?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Run it at Steve's during semi-annual range trips. Wet with a fresh wipe, it is good for 4 or 5 quiet shots. I have it on the night stand (dry) to kill flash if things go bump in the night. Steve has their Gen-2 (flat front end) and its' efficiency seems to be as good as, or slightly better. Price is very competitive with larger units. Only run it occasionally at the local range, work mostly on square box shooting there - eyes getting old

It is quite a bit shorter and lighter than the more efficient Ti-Rant.

That’s a can meant for HD....or a few quiet shots behind the ear of an unexpecting sentry

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.advanced-armament.com/06-...sor_df_40.html

Wet, the Poseidon runs about the first 7 shots at the sound level of a dry TiRant, IMHO. After that, you hear it get progressively louder. I like mine for what I bought it for, a nightstand indoor defense pistol. Certainly not at the "impress your friends at the range" kind of can. I'm waiting to see how it runs 9mm subs on the Glock, when I get some time on the range. For the record, I've tried water, lithium grease, gun grease and wire pulling gel. Wire pulling gel works the best, both greases worked well, but very smokey.

Thompson Sig 1 (1 of 1) by Steven Ragan, on Flickr
    Last edited by GriffonSec; 11 June 2018 at 20:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    What is this"wet" you all speak of? Is it only a pistol thing?
    Some suppressors are designed to be run "wet". That means there is a solid wipe (normally a urethane disk) placed in front of the internal baffles and held in place by the end cap. Then a small amount of some fluid (wire pulling gel recommended by most MFG's) is put in the back of the tube before installing on the firearm. Surprisingly, passing through the gel and the wipe does not appear to affect accuracy. The gel helps cool and slow the "fireball" hence aiding in suppressing the sound of the shot. As more shots are fired, the gel is burned off and the shots get slightly louder. Once the "wet" is gone, the suppressor is at its' least efficient level. There may be rifle suppressors designed to be run wet, but I am not aware of any.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Some suppressors are designed to be run "wet". That means there is a solid wipe (normally a urethane disk) placed in front of the internal baffles and held in place by the end cap. Then a small amount of some fluid (wire pulling gel recommended by most MFG's) is put in the back of the tube before installing on the firearm. Surprisingly, passing through the gel and the wipe does not appear to affect accuracy. The gel helps cool and slow the "fireball" hence aiding in suppressing the sound of the shot. As more shots are fired, the gel is burned off and the shots get slightly louder. Once the "wet" is gone, the suppressor is at its' least efficient level. There may be rifle suppressors designed to be run wet, but I am not aware of any.
    A lot of rifle cans can have water (or some fluid) added into the tube and then run. I know SF specifically mentions it in their manuals and I believe the KAC NT4 has something about it (I don't own one to confirm). Obviously you don't fill the can up, it's just a little of the fluid poured in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe some “military” spec’d Cans are able to run with some fluid in them based on operational requirements but I wouldn’t go squirting wire pulling gel in my centerfire rifle suppressors based on pressures etc

Edited for emphasis

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I believe some “military” spec’d Cans are able to run with some fluid in them based on operational requirements but I wouldn’t go squirting wire pulling gel in my centerfire rifle suppressors based on pressures etc
    The Osprey was designed to be used “wet” or “dry.” If you are going to shoot “wet” for
    increased sound suppression, insert a small amount (about 5 cc) of an ablative medium into
    the back of the suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    A lot of rifle cans can have water (or some fluid) added into the tube and then run. I know SF specifically mentions it in their manuals and I believe the KAC NT4 has something about it (I don't own one to confirm). Obviously you don't fill the can up, it's just a little of the fluid poured in.
    I'd be curious to learn the approved process for clearing a suppressor that's been submerged; whether there are any special dance steps that can assure you won't over pressurize the tube when firing. Is it still (was it ever) a thing to use condoms and RTV to limit water entry?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!