Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Overblown early HDR attempt....

Sorry to hijack, but I was wanting to add a 12.5" Noveske Crusader & MI 10" FF to my Vltor MUR & was wanting to know if this would make a good mid-range rifle, or if it would be to short to be practicle... if so, how bout a 10.5" CQB. I am looking at using a Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm. Would this be practicle, Thanks in advance Stick, Schwome

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a medium range weapon, I would look at a 16", but that is more a matter of what you consider "medium" distance. Your needs may be very different than mine, and because of that, a 12.5" may keep you within the velocity threshold you desire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would agree with that assessment. I generally don't think most AR applications really require a 20" or longer tube, and 16" or 18" seems to be well-suited to most mid-range SPR applications these days; that said, a Noveske 12.5" is certainly going to print better than most. The problem is that accuracy is only a part of the equation, since you're also giving up velocity on these sub-14.5" setups. That's not much of a concern at in-your-face distances, but if you're anticipating ranges of 100m, 200m or more, then you're definitely going to be better served by a non-NFA tube.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a 16" with can.... the UBR stock allows for a much more adjustable package, which tends to show its benefits in urban settings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is another 16" suppressor setup.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Here is another 16" suppressor setup.

Thanks Stick for some inspiration. Last questioin: is that a DD 12.0 lite w/ the new ARMS front sight. I would like to do this, but all the 16" barrels that I have found have a carbine length cas tube

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwome View Post
    Thanks Stick for some inspiration. Last questioin: is that a DD 12.0 lite w/ the new ARMS front sight. I would like to do this, but all the 16" barrels that I have found have a carbine length cas tube

Its a DD 12.0 Lite over a midlength gas system, which means the gasblock is contained under the rail. The ARMS 41B is is there, but is only being used as a front sight, and not as a gasblock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! VERY NICE!!

-chase102798

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sitting at a friend's house for a few weeks till the paperwork on my lower clears (any day now):

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't been around for a while - just been busy - but here are a couple of my favorite NFA items.

Todd

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Cameron; 2 December 2009 at 10:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good aggressive stance, is that a 10.5"? If so, who makes it, and how reliable has it been for you?