Page 41 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Rainier 7.5" Select Barrel on a 7" EVO Handguards. Lantac Dragon.

That sucker is going to light up the night. Very nice.

You'll need a BMD once they are made available....
    Last edited by titanse05; 19 February 2015 at 04:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DontBuryMe View Post
    very nice i like it
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

NFA Picture Thread

My future copycat build of Farva's blue line gun.

Imitation is the finest form of flattery and sir I am honored! Although yours will turn out a little better looking with that gen 3 sexiness you got there!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The LMT A2-style sight. Here's a pic from a VBSS team (low-speed ship guys).

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...K-18_rifle.jpg
    The MK18 Mod 0 Clone has started. Not sure how close to authentic I'll go, depending on cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got some magpods coming so I'll be able to have a photo session with the blue line build. I'd still like to throw some optics on her before I get her portraits done haha
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you're pretty much there. You even have the correct 10.3" barrel. Looks sharp.

I know it's a repeat, but just because...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I think you're pretty much there. You even have the correct 10.3" barrel. Looks sharp.

I know it's a repeat, but just because...

She's still a beauty.

Did the Military just use Colt Lowers?

I'll probably take liberties on furniture and some other items like you did. Thanks for the inspiration brother!

Downloads
    Uploads
    All the Mk18 Mod 0 pics are making me want to buy a KAC rail for my 11.5" upper. Currently it's wearing a carry handle rear sight and M4 plastic hand guards. It's an inch too long, but it'd still looks pretty bad ass decked out like a Mk18 Mod 0. Guess i'll start my search for a complete Knight's rail kit...

Downloads
    Uploads
    She's still a beauty.

Did the Military just use Colt Lowers?

I'll probably take liberties on furniture and some other items like you did. Thanks for the inspiration brother!
    Thanks. I am certain I don't know what I don't know about the full history of the MK18, but the original design were either 10.3" barrels (cut down from M4 barrels) or 14.5" M4 barrels put on M16A1 lowers. These were used for VBSS teams for ship's company as well as (obviously) the SEALs. I'm not sure when the SEALs started using them, but I would guess it was prior to the conventional VBSS teams started using them.

For whatever reason, I never actually saw the Coast Guard's MK18s while on deployment. I should have asked to fondle one at some point, but I wasn't in to ARs yet. I believe they were all Colt.

I believe the CQBR Block 2 was moved over to M16A2 lower, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of those lowers were actually FN or....I'm blanking who the other manufacturer is that has a lot of lowers in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    All the Mk18 Mod 0 pics are making me want to buy a KAC rail for my 11.5" upper. Currently it's wearing a carry handle rear sight and M4 plastic hand guards. It's an inch too long, but it'd still looks pretty bad ass decked out like a Mk18 Mod 0. Guess i'll start my search for a complete Knight's rail kit...
    You can find them "used" pretty cheap for $150 or less on forums.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    You can definitely find full kits used for around $150. In fact I got 2 kits for about $250. Just watch out for knockoffs, and airsoft models. They are also not always sold online as full kits. Sometimes you only get the rails, no VFG, and then sometimes the rail panels are incomplete. Just a heads up.

In fact... I think we need a MK18 Mod 0 thread...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can definitely find full kits used for around $150. In fact I got 2 kits for about $250. Just watch out for knockoffs, and airsoft models. They are also not always sold online as full kits. Sometimes you only get the rails, no VFG, and then sometimes the rail panels are incomplete. Just a heads up.

In fact... I think we need a MK18 Mod 0 thread...
    I appreciate the heads up. And it's definitely a concern that i'd spend good money on some POS airsoft knock-off being pawned off as the real deal, as is getting an incomplete kit and having to buy individual rail panels, etc. (and hope the parts i buy are genuine). It basically comes down to who can i trust… I just buy a new one from Knight's, but oh lawdy, are they proud of their stuff!

And a Mk18 Mod 0 thread sound like a good idea to me!
    Last edited by Deadwing; 20 February 2015 at 01:20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. If you can time it right, the recently listed kac kits on ARFCOM have been going for about $110 for the whole kit.