Page 55 of 162 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Changed things up a little bit. Jury is still out... But after looking at this pic I thinkg I should have called it 50 shades of FDE... I might have to fix that...

Downloads
    Uploads
    U need to send it to me for proper testing
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    U need to send it to me for proper testing
    Haha just a form 4, $200 for the stamp. And then the $200 to return it to me sure lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Haha just a form 4, $200 for the stamp. And then the $200 to return it to me sure lol.
    lol ok the upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Changed things up a little bit. Jury is still out... But after looking at this pic I thinkg I should have called it 50 shades of FDE... I might have to fix that...

Something about that mount just doesn't make that gun look right. It really needs a Bobro or a Micro on a Scalarworks.

Downloads
    Uploads

NFA Picture Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Something about that mount just doesn't make that gun look right. It really needs a Bobro or a Micro on a Scalarworks.
    I won't argue that at all. It was just a reconfig of parts as my original plan didn't work at all. Was curious how the scope would look on it. I think my reserves about it are what you mentioned. I had the eotech on here with the STR. I'd love to have a bobro or micro/SW setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

The height over bore is way off but the rear eye relief looks set up well. A lot of people set the scopes way too far back on ARs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    The height over bore is way off but the rear eye relief looks set up well. A lot of people set the scopes way too far back on ARs
    It's just a dry fit to see how things run. However This is the scope and mount I used on the T&E rifle and it worked well on it. I'm probably gonna go back with the eotech.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was always told that the scope should line up roughly with the charging handle. Not behind it... but not way out in front of it either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's just a dry fit to see how things run. However This is the scope and mount I used on the T&E rifle and it worked well on it. I'm probably gonna go back with the eotech.
    What is the height over bore?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely agree with you. I've seen some crazy scopes mounted way too far back. I wonder how they get a proper cheek weld on their stocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I completely agree with you. I've seen some crazy scopes mounted way too far back. I wonder how they get a proper cheek weld on their stocks.

I'm just asking so that maybe I can learn a little something but what is the right way? Wouldn't the forwardness sort of depend on the type of optic and shooting style/type of shooting?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I'm just asking so that maybe I can learn a little something but what is the right way? Wouldn't the forwardness sort of depend on the type of optic and shooting style/type of shooting?
    Let me try to explain it. Since it's an AR, with the optic mounted, eye relief needs to be measured from the charging handle forward in a similar fashion as the iron sights. This allows proper charging handle clearance and also allows the shooter proper position behind the rifle from cheek weld on back.

Here's a helpful illustration:

Also, height over bore is the distance between the center axis of the rifle bore and the middle of the scope objective lens. I try to keep mine as low as possible; a scope cap barely fits on my objective lens it's so low

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what u need