Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a bunch of us wrong handed shooters here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sinister plot? []
    Last edited by Joelski; 14 August 2017 at 04:10.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Uwone, is that 7.5 .300 or 5.56?

I'm thinking if I go 7.5 I will go .300 and stay away from 5.56. Not that I need another caliber but, I would like to think of it as a defensive gun and I'm not sure I'm fully on board with 5.56 out of a 7.5
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I would like to think of it as a defensive gun and I'm not sure I'm fully on board with 5.56 out of a 7.5
    My 7.5 inch 5.56 has been 100% and will most certainly put a hole in someones head if they break into my house. Don't believe all the internet hype that your going to loose all the FPS's because you chose a short barrel. You plan on using this defensively past 100 yards?

But... I do have a 10.5 inch 300 blk also lol. I am with UW just get both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    My 7.5 inch 5.56 has been 100% and will most certainly put a hole in someones head if they break into my house. Don't believe all the internet hype that your going to loose all the FPS's because you chose a short barrel. You plan on using this defensively past 100 yards?

But... I do have a 10.5 inch 300 blk also lol. I am with UW just get both.
    VERY unlikely to go past 100. More likely I am thinking 0-25, maybe 50m. Realistically.
    Another concern of mine is ballistics around vehicles. I'll be treating this as a true PDW as much as I can. Which means going in my car and having at work.
    I will be at a Will Petty Vehicle Ballistic Seminar next Friday and plan to pose many questions to him then.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    At 0-25 the a 7.5 inch should be fine. I take my 7.5 Aero out to 100 regularly, it is just as accurate as my 16inch. Both 5.56 and .300BLK will be extremely loud indoors un-suppressed.

If you are truly wanting a PDW for the purpose of going in a vehicle the shortest option would be my pick. That said, I do prefer the size and feel of the 10.5, I think its the perfect balance between a full size and a PDW. Get both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow , nice build under way

Downloads
    Uploads
    CMC came the other day

CMC Flat by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trust just arrived. So, now I really need to figure out what I'm doing so I can get an OAL figured out!
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Trust just arrived. So, now I really need to figure out what I'm doing so I can get an OAL figured out!
    You are finally getting into the NFA thing? Congrats.

I have never used it before but the Silencer Shop has a thing where you can do your SBR forms for a small fee. I would definitely give that a go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    You are finally getting into the NFA thing? Congrats.

I have never used it before but the Silencer Shop has a thing where you can do your SBR forms for a small fee. I would definitely give that a go.
    Yup. There is a kiosk at one of my local FFLs. I think it's $35. Totally worth it. And their bar-code system is up and working so it's perfect timing for me..... as long as I can figure out OAL... LOL
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup. There is a kiosk at one of my local FFLs. I think it's $35. Totally worth it. And their bar-code system is up and working so it's perfect timing for me..... as long as I can figure out OAL... LOL
    How many people are on your trust? Each one of those people will need to have a log in and do their prints at the kiosk, take a photo, etc. I would go ahead and upload the trust and get that stuff started first. Once it's all set up the rest is easy. Most of it is just a one and done.

The only thing I have to do now is once a year just upload a new selfie. The prints and all that stay on file. Getting everyone there is more time consuming than actually doing the rest of it.

Figuring out OAL is easy but someone else will have to tell you how to officially do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    How many people are on your trust? Each one of those people will need to have a log in and do their prints at the kiosk, take a photo, etc. I would go ahead and upload the trust and get that stuff started first. Once it's all set up the rest is easy. Most of it is just a one and done.

The only thing I have to do now is once a year just upload a new selfie. The prints and all that stay on file. Getting everyone there is more time consuming than actually doing the rest of it.

Figuring out OAL is easy but someone else will have to tell you how to officially do it.
    Just me for now to keep it simple. Once the SBR is done and myabe an SBS (have one sitting here ready to file, just need the $200) I'll add my wife.

Well, you might think the OAL is easy but I still don't really know if I want to go .300 or 5.56. What barrel length do I want? 8" or 9" for .300, 7.5 or 10 for 5.56? LOL
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    For standard lowers, adding 19" to your barrel length is a pretty good rule of thumb.

I can't recall what my PDW Form says, I think 24 or 25" OAL with a 7.5

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just me for now to keep it simple. Once the SBR is done and myabe an SBS (have one sitting here ready to file, just need the $200) I'll add my wife.

Well, you might think the OAL is easy but I still don't really know if I want to go .300 or 5.56. What barrel length do I want? 8" or 9" for .300, 7.5 or 10 for 5.56? LOL
    As far as who is on the trust once you get it done once it's easy after that. I have two people on mine and it's now very simple to do. Once you submit stuff they send each person an email and you have to digitally sign and that's about it. Plus each person needs to keep a picture on file that gets updated once a year.

I did 10.5 on my SBR and I like it. In that caliber though I personally am not sure if I would go lower than that. I am sure people do it all the time. If you are going for super compact then just register it as a .300 with an 8" barrel or something like that. Having other uppers is not too hard.

Then again I say that but considering that I like nice stuff my uppers aren't cheap especially when you start adding nice glass to them.