Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just going to file it at 25.5" and go with a 10.5" 5.56 to start. That'll keep me RIGHT under 26" which is my MAX OAL I wanted to be at due to state laws.
    Going 5.56 will offer me the simplicity of only dealing with a single caliber between guns.

I'll branch out from there once a suppressor is closer to being in my future.

Thanks all! I'll be filing asap.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If you are going for super compact then just register it as a .300 with an 8" barrel or something like that. Having other uppers is not too hard.
    Again, that's not how the law reads. From a legal/ATF perspective (versus what any JoeBob on the internet says), you are requesting to manufacturer a firearm, so what you're making needs to be exactly what you put on the form. Once permission is granted and the firearm is manufactured, then you can run 16 other uppers on it (assuming it's an AR SBR that was manufactured). But just "put something short and pick a cool caliber" isn't how the ATF expects you to apply for the tax.

Of course what JoeBob does is JoeBob's business, but in the interest of putting out correct information, it's important be precise with words.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How are you getting 25.5" with a 10.5" inch barrel? Mine came out to 28" with the stock fully collapsed.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    How are you getting 25.5" with a 10.5" inch barrel? Mine came out to 28" with the stock fully collapsed.
    PDW stock?
    Not counting muzzle device.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah! Got me there. Shit, if you're doing PDW stock, 8" is a no brainer. I've seen where guys have said Reliable #7 burns completely in an 8 incher.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Ah! Got me there. Shit, if you're doing PDW stock, 8" is a no brainer. I've seen where guys have said Reliable #7 burns completely in an 8 incher.
    I don't reload and not sure I want to jump into 300. I keep thinking I do then changing my mind

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I don't reload and not sure I want to jump into 300. I keep thinking I do then changing my mind

gatordev pretty much summed it up on the 300 thread why not to go 300.

That said, I just can't find much use for 300BO on the range. I don't reload, so the ammo is too expensive compared to 5.56. If I'm trying to shoot super-quiet, I'll just shoot my MP5 for much less money. But that's just me.
    You don't have a can, so there would be no reason to shoot subs. At that point why shoot supers at the range? You can just shoot 5.56 for 1/2 the cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    gatordev pretty much summed it up on the 300 thread why not to go 300.

You don't have a can, so there would be no reason to shoot subs. At that point why shoot supers at the range? You can just shoot 5.56 for 1/2 the cost.
    I thought I was decided until I came to pretty much the same conclusion as you in the second statement.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I had a spare 7.5" 5.56 barrel to send you so this decision wouldn't have taken this long.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I wish I had a spare 7.5" 5.56 barrel to send you so this decision wouldn't have taken this long.
    Hahaha, I was just looking up "7.5 AR barrel ballistics" on youtube

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    The good thing about a 7.5 barrel is if you don't hit anything you will still deafen the bad guy and scare the shit out of him by noise alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is how she's sitting right now. Have an FDE RMR waiting to be mounted on.

Name:  DSC_1031 (3)-Edit.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  1.65 MB

I was bored so, crappy photoshop just to see about how it would look. Will probably get fixed irons, still unsure. Will have a vert grip though instead of the handstop kit.

Name:  DSC_1031 (2)-Edit.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  2.60 MB
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads

CMT by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    Last edited by Pyzik; 19 September 2017 at 05:12.
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hit the range for a quick trip yesterday (finally). Only had half an our. Got the RMR sighted in and burned a hundred rounds.
    Need to REALLY join a club around here. Driving almost an hour for a state run range or being limited to an indoor range sucks.

Range Trip by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Hit the range for a quick trip yesterday (finally). Only had half an our. Got the RMR sighted in and burned a hundred rounds.
    Need to REALLY join a club around here. Driving almost an hour for a state run range or being limited to an indoor range sucks.
    North Carolina is calling to you....
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com