Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the guys I oversee at work gross a little over 6 figures with overtime. These union guys make a lot more than guys with college degrees. TN is where it's at, no state income tax and the cost of living is low. We also have CMT as I'm sure you know.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Some of the guys I oversee at work gross a little over 6 figures with overtime. These union guys make a lot more than guys with college degrees. TN is where it's at, no state income tax and the cost of living is low. We also have CMT as I'm sure you know.
    As a former employee of CMT, I assure you, I didn't make that much money at CMT. I really liked Tennessee. If I had been making that much $, I'd still be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    As a former employee of CMT, I assure you, I didn't make that much money at CMT. I really liked Tennessee. If I had been making that much $, I'd still be there.

I think he meant Oak Ridge Reservation. Tennessee has the bonus of also having CMT in the state.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know. I did work for CMT and wished I'd made that much. I was about to edit my post because I thought it wasn't clear. TN is a very nice state.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know. I did work for CMT and wished I'd made that much. I was about to edit my post because I thought it wasn't clear. TN is a very nice state.

Understood. Didn't know you worked for CMT. Firearm stuff? I'd love to so something gun related full time.

Last edited by Pyzik; 21 September 2017 at 22:00.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Understood. Didn't know you worked for CAT. Firearm stuff? I'd love to so something gun related full time.

I'm with you on that. I wish I could find a full time career in the firearm industry. It would definitely beat my current J.O.B.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I can say is I am blessed! All the torture I get from UW was and is worth it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Marty did you work for Cross Machine & Tool or Country Music Television?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

First SBR in process. CMT PDW

Understood. Didn't know you worked for CMT. Firearm stuff? I'd love to so something gun related full time.

Country Music Television - I forgot about Cross Machine Tool when I posted.

Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Country Music Television - I forgot about Cross Machine Tool when I posted.

You forgot Cross Machine Tool?!!?!?!?! With this crowd!?!?!

LOL!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    I'm with you on that. I wish I could find a full time career in the firearm industry. It would definitely beat my current J.O.B.

I hear this from people all the time and think... why? There is hardly any money in the firearms industry unless you're an owner or a big wig in the company.

I think if you enjoy firearms, it would be a good retirement gig. Drawing your retirement plus whatever small wage you earn from your firearms industry job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I hear this from people all the time and think... why? There is hardly any money in the firearms industry unless you're an owner or a big wig in the company.

I think if you enjoy firearms, it would be a good retirement gig. Drawing your retirement plus whatever small wage you earn from your firearms industry job.
    Currently that's my plan. I know I could never actually retire. I think I'd like to work in a small shop or whatever. Pass time doing something I enjoy and a little spare money would likely be nice.

david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Well that's the issue I won't be a owner or big wig. I have multiple opportunities to work part time at my LGS but I'm already busy as is. It would be fun but I wouldn't have any time for the family.

"And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    Well that's the issue I won't be a owner or big wig. I have multiple opportunities to work part time at my LGS but I'm already busy as is. It would be fun but I wouldn't have any time for the family.

Gotta be careful though, it can turn into real work and not be fun anymore. That's why I stopped stippling.

PDW by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently that's my plan. I know I could never actually retire. I think I'd like to work in a small shop or whatever. Pass time doing something I enjoy and a little spare money would likely be nice.

That's my plan, when I retire, I'm going to work at Rainier or Fortis part time.

If I move to TN, I'll work at CMT.