Downloads
    Uploads

Which can coozie?

Or whatthehellever tis called. The wrap thingy that keeps you from burning the hell out of everything with a hot suppressor. I imagine several of you fellas have tried the major ones. Which ones work and which ones suck? I am getting to the point where there might be a glimmer of hope of getting a stamp and a can in my hands at some point (hoping by the end of the year), as apps have allegedly dropped off sharply since the July 15th glut. The one good thing about all the guys waiting for the HPA is that their inactivity is putting mine closer to my booger hooks!

SKD would be a perfect shop to do up some Miller Lite suppressor coozies!

Dump in the pics too!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul apparently has a product in the works that will far superior than the current products on the market, as it doesn't keep the heat trapped in the can.

For now, I've been using a WarSport Suppressor Sock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cole-Tac has served me well. As have the Silencerco ones. Had issues with the few I used that laced on. Seemed like they always walked on the can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the suppressor covers cannot handle more than 2-3 magazines worth of rapid firing on an AR before melting (if that's your intended use). Usually the material touching the can is fine, but the nylon/lacing/straps on the outside melt. I've seen this a few times already with the Silencerco covers. Plus they all increase the time it takes for the suppressor to cool off.

For a precision rifle it's a no-brainer. Otherwise don't waste your money.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Get the rifles only HAD. Full auto dumps and no issues.

https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-on...ssor-cover-had

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Most of the suppressor covers cannot handle more than 2-3 magazines worth of rapid firing on an AR before melting (if that's your intended use). Usually the material touching the can is fine, but the nylon/lacing/straps on the outside melt. I've seen this a few times already with the Silencerco covers. Plus they all increase the time it takes for the suppressor to cool off.

For a precision rifle it's a no-brainer. Otherwise don't waste your money.
    If one is doing serious carbine training drills, a capable cover is necessary, otherwise letting the rifle hang while idle or during transition drills to pistol can result in serious burns to the leg or other parts of the body by the hot suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    If one is doing serious carbine training drills, a capable cover is necessary, otherwise letting the rifle hang while idle or during transition drills to pistol can result in serious burns to the leg or other parts of the body by the hot suppressor.
    The implication that your training is only "serious" if it requires a suppressor cover to keep yourself from getting burned is a little odd. I think you need to re-evaluate your training methods and how you sling the gun or do transitions.

I've taken many classes using a suppressed sbr without a suppressor cover, and never had an issue burning myself. Don't let the gun hang in such a way that the dangerous end points at or touches what it shouldn't.

Even the rifles only website says not to run more than 4 magazines through a suppressor with their cover on it. The outer material will melt.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The implication that your training is only "serious" if it requires a suppressor cover to keep yourself from getting burned is a little odd. I think you need to re-evaluate your training methods and how you sling the gun or do transitions.

I've taken many classes using a suppressed sbr without a suppressor cover, and never had an issue burning myself. Don't let the gun hang in such a way that the dangerous end points at or touches what it shouldn't.

Even the rifles only website says not to run more than 4 magazines through a suppressor with their cover on it. The outer material will melt.
    If you have done much in the way of varied exercises where transitioning from rifle to pistol from various positions including working around different room layouts where the weapon is pushed against your body by team member staging, going to low cover, having transitioned the rifle to the opposite side then transitioning to pistol, etc., you would better understand the probability for the suppressor to come in contact with the body at some point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a link to a video of the Rifles Only HAD cover being put thru high rounds count:

https://youtu.be/DXSqPDkZ6so

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lot of interesting stuff in this video

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have done much in the way of varied exercises where transitioning from rifle to pistol from various positions including working around different room layouts where the weapon is pushed against your body by team member staging, going to low cover, having transitioned the rifle to the opposite side then transitioning to pistol, etc., you would better understand the probability for the suppressor to come in contact with the body at some point.
    Here's a link to a video of the Rifles Only HAD cover being put thru high rounds count:

https://youtu.be/DXSqPDkZ6so
    That video has a bunch of talking, then shows installation on a bolt gun.

In response to your other quoted post, you are putting a lot of emphasis on transitions and high rates of fire. Professional end users very rarely use full-auto, and unless their rifle experiences a malfunction that cannot be resolved quickly, will choose to reload rather than go to their sidearm. I am not saying that you shouldn't train for that scenario, however. If your specific training dictates the necessity of a suppressor cover because other trainees are stacking on you right after you dumped 4+ magazines full-auto and you're forced to switch to your pistol, then by all means, do whatever is necessary to not get hurt.

Lastly, I'm not bashing your suppressor cover. I'm simply saying there are limits to what it is capable of. Even the manufacturer of the HAD recommends that you do not shoot more than four magazines in full-auto: https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-on...ssor-cover-had.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't say I've ever found myself in practice or classes using FA in intimate proximity to other classmates. Never used FA in an enclosed space, period. Now, maybe I haven't lived, or been around that part of the block, but that's fine by me. I've burnt myself more with dirt bike silencers than hot rifle barrels. So why do I want a cover? What do I need one for? Probably nothing special; mainly to keep from melting the inside of my pack without having to wait 2 hours for the can to cool down. I don't plan on mag dumping to the point of failure (every single time I shoot), just want to curb excess heat and shimmer. I don't excessively beat the shit out of my gear senselessly like some toober; that's why I invested in decent gear in the first place - so I know I can take it past the edge of failure if I ever need to.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

That video has a bunch of talking, then shows installation on a bolt gun.

In response to your other quoted post, you are putting a lot of emphasis on transitions and high rates of fire. Professional end users very rarely use full-auto, and unless their rifle experiences a malfunction that cannot be resolved quickly, will choose to reload rather than go to their sidearm. I am not saying that you shouldn't train for that scenario, however. If your specific training dictates the necessity of a suppressor cover because other trainees are stacking on you right after you dumped 4+ magazines full-auto and you're forced to switch to your pistol, then by all means, do whatever is necessary to not get hurt.

Lastly, I'm not bashing your suppressor cover. I'm simply saying there are limits to what it is capable of. Even the manufacturer of the HAD recommends that you do not shoot more than four magazines in full-auto: https://www.riflesonly.com/rifles-on...ssor-cover-had.
    Wrong link, here's a link showing the HAD on a AR15.

https://youtu.be/PJkN8p3f0fo

Also, when running house clearing, breaching, or other exercises, typically one mag or less is used. Then the exercise is repeated many times over the course of the training session. Typical weekly sessions are 2.5 hours non-stop and 300-400 rounds are fired thru my suppressor. It gets very hot. The HAD shows no signs of melting the inner or outer covers or the high temp cord.

As far as slinging techniques and other training, I can only go by what I learned in numerous Vickers, Magpul, and Peace Officer carbine training classes. Maybe they all had it wrong. 😎
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; 9 September 2017 at 18:11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Coletac.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wrong link, here's a link showing the HAD on a AR15.

https://youtu.be/PJkN8p3f0fo

Also, when running house clearing, breaching, or other exercises, typically one mag or less is used. Then the exercise is repeated many times over the course of the training session. Typical weekly sessions are 2.5 hours non-stop and 300-400 rounds are fired thru my suppressor. It gets very hot. The HAD shows no signs of melting the inner or outer covers or the high temp cord.

As far as slinging techniques and other training, I can only go by what I learned in numerous Vickers, Magpul, and Peace Officer carbine training classes. Maybe they all had it wrong. 😎
    That video shows no full-auto, and he fired approximately 113 rounds, so not even four full 30 round magazines. This corresponds to what Rifles Only states on their site.

The repetitions of your training are what generate the higher round count and heat. It is a little interesting that you edited your post to try to validate your argument by listing all of the training classes you go to. You should seriously consider re-evaluating your learned techniques if a 500+ degree suppressor is constantly coming into contact with parts of your body.