Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff, love all the info and pics...

That turned into a nice build

Downloads
    Uploads
    All done!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    More testing tomorrow.

I have some Hornady 73gr ELDs to test

I'm going to be testing 77gr TMKs and 77gr SMKs, both with Federal Gold Medal Match primers and CCI BR4 primers

Will be shooting to 200 and 300 yards as time and fatigue allows (had to cut up three trees and haul them off and my back is done)

Rainier CS said my Avalanche CH should be here soon. I need to call and order a Rainier Ambi selector and a .800" adjustable gas block

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you tried the Speer 75g GD's? I am getting some crazy accuracy out of my new 18.5" from them. Even better than the MK262's and Eagle eye 69g.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Have you tried the Speer 75g GD's? I am getting some crazy accuracy out of my new 18.5" from them. Even better than the MK262's and Eagle eye 69g.
    I haven't tried those. I'm open to it, if I ever see them on the shelf. The Hornady ELDs made me a believer. First five rounds @ 100yds

Name:  IMG_0159.JPG
Views: 196
Size:  712.3 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Looks like a Prairie Dog load if I ever saw one
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Nice! Looks like a Prairie Dog load if I ever saw one
    I thought the exact same thing lol

Got a similar group with 77gr TMKs also. I'll post my primer comparison after I get my kid in bed

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was at the range with MCA today. My Geissele SSA-E which has functioned flawlessly for the 3 years I've had it went full tard and burned the remainder of a mag (6 rounds). I held the trigger to the rear to make use of the trigger reset function, which inadvertently caused the event to sustain itself. I Did not experience the malfunction again, after running several magazines through the rifle and intentionally pulling the trigger to the rear is hard as I could.

I have since contacted Geissele and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a new trigger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn that 5 rd string of eld’s looks very promising. I’m lurking lately but appreciate all the info, load specs I dig it.

Curious, have you been cleaning the barrel after the other groups/pics. ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    77gr Tipped Match Kings, 23.6gr RE15, BR4 or FGMM primers, 5 rounds, 100 yards

Name:  IMG_0150.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  327.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0147.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  431.8 KB

Was seeing if I had any group differences with different match primers. Not really besides pulling one round in the Federal Gold Medal Match primer group.

This barrel flippin shoots!

Mustang; I patched the barrel the first test day up there but decided to stop because I wanted to see if the precision kept up regardless of fouling once I settled on a powder charge

I also dialed my scope in with a specific bullet and primer combo; I was shooting a variety of bullet weights, powders, etc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn that thing is a shooter.. Thise 77gr tank loads look awesome.. Chronomthem by chance.

I got some 77 gr Sierra and nosler loads built, ready to dial in some day

Thanks for the ,I’m curious how it shoots for ya after some rounds thru it..and where accuracy might fall off