Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

This whole flood thing sucks

I know I am stating the obvious but damn. This crap is getting old. I got back from overseas just a few days ago and now I am in the middle of all this chaos.

I've been trapped in doors for several days so thanks guys for keeping me entertained

FWIW I am safe where I am at and we have plenty of provisions but we can't get get outside much less drive around much. Even if I could get to town through the 6 feet of water covering the road everything is either sold out or closed.

It floods pretty regularly in this area, but this is crazy. I have never seen this much water.

My house is about 400 foot above sea level so there is no chance to flood. I'm fine, but geez this stuff around me is kind of nuts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully this reminds everyone to keep at a minimum 90-120 days worth of provisions, first aid/medical kits, ammo dry and loaded, guns cleaned and lubed, escape plan B through Z, and some cash in hand.

Emergency equipment and 3 day survival packs in their vehicles. Replenish and check those supplies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Hopefully this reminds everyone to keep at a minimum 90-120 days worth of provisions, first aid/medical kits, ammo dry and loaded, guns cleaned and lubed, escape plan B through Z, and some cash in hand.

Emergency equipment and 3 day survival packs in their vehicles. Replenish and check those supplies.
    One other thing....when you're warned to evacuate and you have the means and resources too, do it. I'd rather be out a few hundred for a hotel bill a few hundred miles away and find it wasn't necessary, than sitting on my roof, hoping rescue happens to go by.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads

You got that right. I could not agree with you more.

Where I am from (Gulf Coast) it's just sort of ingrained in the local culture to prep for hurricane season and fortunately it carries over into other aspects too. Chainsaws, check. Fresh gas. Check. Generator that is big enough to run your refrigerator. Check.

And the list goes on and on and on. It could even include CPR training or whatever.

Going to the grocery store and seeing every loaf of bread gone and every single bottle of water gone is not a good feeling. Knowing you have 5 cases of water at home just means you can skip that aisle or share if need be.

I am telling you, you have no idea just how right you are. When stuff happens it's already too late to start preparing.

Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    One other thing....when you're warned to evacuate and you have the means and resources too, do it. I'd rather be out a few hundred for a hotel bill a few hundred miles away and find it wasn't necessary, than sitting on my roof, hoping rescue happens to go by.
    I'm not trying to be contrary because I agree with you 100% but in this particular situation it wasn't like that at all (people ignoring warnings). There have been a lot of unwarranted critics of Houston about this and to me that is completely unwarranted.

Houston has the means and plans to evacuate millions of people in a relatively short period of time. There are people who are criticizing now though wondering why people people from Houston didn't evacuate. Those criticisms are unfounded and not based in reality of what actually happened.

If I misinterpreted you don't take offense. I am trying to gently set the record straight here.

Downloads
    Uploads

When shit happens you will be surprised how fast supplies evaporate. When this stuff started you couldn't find a drop of gasoline for 30 or 40 miles in any direction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same as with snow storms of any magnitude up here. When the first flakes start flying, people flock to the grocery store to get ingredients for french toast. :)

Good to hear you're okay, Alamo. Hats off to Texans for their resilience and willingness to go out and help the first responders.

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully this reminds everyone to keep at a minimum 90-120 days worth of provisions
    Will Chick-fil-A keep that long?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Will Chick-fil-A keep that long?
    You should buy 120 of them and find out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My doctor has a Mcdonalds meal that she set out in her office waiting room 7 years ago and it still looks the same! Its a reminder of what not to eat. The bugs wont even touch it...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What sucks is Harvey still isn't done. He's resupplying and about to come in again.
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    My doctor has a Mcdonalds meal that she set out in her office waiting room 7 years ago and it still looks the same! Its a reminder of what not to eat. The bugs wont even touch it...
    That's amazing, plastic surgeons will soon harvest that technology.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    When shit happens you will be surprised how fast supplies evaporate. When this stuff started you couldn't find a drop of gasoline for 30 or 40 miles in any direction.
    I try to stock 20-30% more than I think I need. I know there will be friends and family who didn't do anything to prepare. I have no plans to fight people at the grocery store for the last scraps of anything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I keep it real. Non perishables in the black trunk, two five gallon Jerry cans of water not pictured

Name:  IMG_8334.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  2.08 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're going to need a lot more toilet paper.

Downloads
    Uploads

Using this as an example to my wife of why I harp on her to have extra food/water put away. We have around a week of both right now and I keep telling her that's enough for a power outage and that's about it.
    Hoping seeing some of the aftermath here spooks here a little to my side. I've been saying 30 days should be minimum.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/