Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    You got that right. I could not agree with you more.

Where I am from (Gulf Coast) it's just sort of ingrained in the local culture to prep for hurricane season and fortunately it carries over into other aspects too. Chainsaws, check. Fresh gas. Check. Generator that is big enough to run your refrigerator. Check.

And the list goes on and on and on. It could even include CPR training or whatever.

Going to the grocery store and seeing every loaf of bread gone and every single bottle of water gone is not a good feeling. Knowing you have 5 cases of water at home just means you can skip that aisle or share if need be.

I am telling you, you have no idea just how right you are. When stuff happens it's already too late to start preparing.

I'm not trying to be contrary because I agree with you 100% but in this particular situation it wasn't like that at all (people ignoring warnings). There have been a lot of unwarranted critics of Houston about this and to me that is completely unwarranted.

Houston has the means and plans to evacuate millions of people in a relatively short period of time. There are people who are criticizing now though wondering why people people from Houston didn't evacuate. Those criticisms are unfounded and not based in reality of what actually happened.

If I misinterpreted you don't take offense. I am trying to gently set the record straight here.
    No offense taken. However, if I'm in the direct path of a hurricane bouncing between a category 3 and 4, and have been warned that I might expect rain on a biblical scale, live in a low level area, and even heard the mention of the word evacuate, assuming I have the means and ability too, I'm going to safer ground. I remember as a kid, when we lived in Houston, circa '69, people were getting stoned, drunk and whatever, and bragging about having a "hurricane" party. Many of those people died.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I remember as a kid, when we lived in Houston, circa '69, people were getting stoned, drunk and whatever, and bragging about having a "hurricane" party. Many of those people died.
    I think that's what is called.. Natural Selection.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You're going to need a lot more toilet paper.
    Go to Big Lots of they have those in your area. You can get a giant thing of toilet paper for cheap. It's the Mexican brand but it works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And a 5 gallon bucket to crap in. Joel Olsteen on line 6, said you guys can come and spend the night...
    Last edited by Stone; 30 August 2017 at 10:52.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go to Big Lots of they have those in your area. You can get a giant thing of toilet paper for cheap. It's the Mexican brand but it works.
    If you run low I can get my hands on some really good American made for $100 a kilo......keep it cool, though....

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    deleted

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a meat cutter & I have to say Monday proved once again just how stupid people really are. The run on fresh meat always makes me laugh. Seeing people take meat out of others shopping kart shows just how low people can go. The meat department including lunchmeat & frozen meat would of been totally wiped out if the power didn't fail. Even better was the looks on folks faces when they were told because of the power being out it was cash only! Having cash on hand is just about as important as having anything.

The people who are new to it that ask what they need are always surprised when I say "You do have a gun & ammo"! I came tru it missing some work which is fine by me. I stalled out my truck Satuday moring trying to get to work & finally got it running again.

Right now the weather is pretty enjoyable. After Ike with no power for damn near 2 months of heat & humidity sucked very hard.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by baboon View Post
    I'm a meat cutter & I have to say Monday proved once again just how stupid people really are. The run on fresh meat always makes me laugh. Seeing people take meat out of others shopping kart shows just how low people can go. The meat department including lunchmeat & frozen meat would of been totally wiped out if the power didn't fail. Even better was the looks on folks faces when they were told because of the power being out it was cash only! Having cash on hand is just about as important as having anything.

The people who are new to it that ask what they need are always surprised when I say "You do have a gun & ammo"! I came tru it missing some work which is fine by me. I stalled out my truck Satuday moring trying to get to work & finally got it running again.

Right now the weather is pretty enjoyable. After Ike with no power for damn near 2 months of heat & humidity sucked very hard.
    God only knows how long that entire region is going to be without power, in many places. I know I'm seeing power/utility trucks from all around our region heading south, I suppose to help out. This is really going to be a mess for a long time, I suppose, and I really feel for those folks.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hurricane Ike was the worse for me because of the loss of power for so long. Tropical Storm Allison took the wifes car out of the picture for a while. TS Allison dumped almost as much rain on the area.

I feel very lucky as I know people who are now homeless. One guy I know seen a picture of his truck roofs & house from an artical from The Daily Mail UK

Not sure what his wife does for income but he is self employeed with a pool service. They waded out with the clothes on their backs & their pets.
    Out through the night and the whispering breezes
    To the place where they keep the imaginary diseases

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mexicans know their TP!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    And a 5 gallon bucket to crap in. Joel Olsteen on line 6, said you guys can come and spend the night...
    I saw him on TV this morning and I thought he was that Kaitlin fella in guy's clothes. Is that considered reverse-drag?

:Expresstraintohellforthatone:
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Way more downstairs lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    My buddy is a Houston cop and he sent me some pics. He's in the cowboy hat. He's a big outdoorsman so he was well prepared

Name:  IMG_8400.JPG
Views: 98
Size:  124.1 KB

Name:  IMG_8402.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  108.8 KB

Name:  IMG_8403.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  49.8 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_8847.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  36.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    The DSCA planning the last few days for IRMA has been insane. In the past 36 hours, we've gone from needing to support 3 missions, to 4 missions, to 5 missions, to 4 missions...nope, just 3 missions....to back to the original 4 missions.

Even more frustrating when you know you're going to be allowed to go and provide support yourself.