NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Very clean looking lower - I like it.
    Thanks that's why I like the smooth side lower. It's just so clean.

The next step is to get all the paperwork filled out to register it as a SBR. And when I do I will have to engrave it as well. I really want to keep it clean as I can. So I was thinking about getting it done on the feed lips of the mag well.

I believe it will still fall under the correct terms of engraving a NFA lower. Does anyone not recommend getting the engraving done there?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can get the inside of the trigger guard engraved by most places, which will keep it external, yet unobtrusive and avoid nicks and dings the magwell might get over time.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joelski who are using to engrave inside of the trigger guard on lowers with integrated trigger guards? I've got mine engraved there but it's a regular forged lower.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a CMT SBR and I engraved mine on the bottom of the trigger guard. It worked perfectly. You have to turn the gun upside down to e even notice the engraving.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where Alamo said would look good. If Joelski has the someone that'll engrave the inside next to the fire control opening that would look good also.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    These guys say they can do it with the trigger and hammer removed.

http://www.identmarking.com/index.ph...egory=14354138
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Joelski they can engrave on the inside of regular forged lowers, and outside of the trigger guard if it's fixed.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    These guys say they can do it with the trigger and hammer removed.

http://www.identmarking.com/index.ph...egory=14354138
    Dude that place is legit. That's the place that did this engraving for me.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 127
Size:  750.3 KB
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah bottom of trigger guard will work if I can keep it from messing up the CMT ammo grade logo. Lol.

"And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I've think till I get into 300blk. And to have something different than 5.56. I also want to do a 7.62x39 upper. I don't know if I will do it or not yet. But what would be good barrel length to go with? I would like 10.5"

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had Ident do a few of mine. Maybe they changed but they wouldn’t do magwell lips. I won’t use them again because I didn’t like their placement nor their turnaround time. Veritas has been my go to and will send you a pic of what it will look like for final approval before they start.

I’ve seen engravers advertised as doing inside the trigger area with a billet solid trigger guard in place. Can’t remember who. It’s out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just dropping in to say that you are on the right track with this build and that Veritas Machining is good to go. Their communication is excellent and as fledge said, they send you a picture of the engraving placement on your lower to make sure your happy. Plus the turnaround time is great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got home from work and was surfing the interwebs and decided to start the NFA process using the Silencer Shop Form1 process and single shot trust.

Everything has been submitted for review and all I have to do is get finger prints scanned at a kiosk. Which I won't be able to do till Wednesday.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
    I got home from work and was surfing the interwebs and decided to start the NFA process using the Silencer Shop Form1 process and single shot trust.

Everything has been submitted for review and all I have to do is get finger prints scanned at a kiosk. Which I won't be able to do till Wednesday.
    I wish I'd have known about the singleshot when I did mine recently. I found out after I bought my trust. Seems like a pretty good way to go. If you ever wan to sell an NFA item, put buyer on trust, remove yourself, done.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/