Downloads
    Uploads

California Compliant AR?

For those who know, can anyone tell me what all the bullshit rules are and what needs to be done in order to make an AR California compliant?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sell it before you go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Sell it before you go?

Not a chance in hell!

It's not for me. I have a friend in California that I helped him get the gun bug. He's bought several hand guns already and is now interested in an AR.

I can talk general shop with him but I don't know anything about California laws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Not a chance in hell!

It's not for me. I have a friend in California that I helped him get the gun bug. He's bought several hand guns already and is now interested in an AR.

I can talk general shop with him but I don't know anything about California laws.
    I was kidding of course but that's one of those things he probably needs to talk to a local shop to make sure he's in compliance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there are 2 things you can do. Remove the "evil" features or get a patriot maglock. I have just removed all the "evil" from my rifles.

1. No forward grips
    2. No pistol grip (I'll explain in a sec)
    3. Non collapsible stock.
    4. No flash hider.

So here is an example for a featureless rifle. Sorry for the huge image.

Name:  16715961_10212464232704695_2230287330077885302_o.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  200.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    So thats my converted saiga. It has no pistol grip. Cali is stupid and says if you can have a pistol style grasp and it protrudes below the action its a pistol grip. That kydex wrap makes it a non pistol grip since I cant get a pistol style hold on it. Its still very functional IMHO. It has a muzzle break and a fixed stock. here is another example.

Name:  20170503195548_IMG_7478.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  87.7 KB

Much smaller picture. lol. This one has a minimalist stock that has a pin kit so it doesn't move and a strike industries non pistol grip on it as well as a muzzle brake.

Yes I know its stupid, no I cant move right now, yes we are fighting but honestly there are to many idiots in LA and the bay area and thats why we haven't won just yet. Best thing your buddy can do is go over to calguns. There is an AW flow chart that explains it all. You can give your buddy my email as well and have him hit me up and I will see if I can help. I may even have some compliance parts laying around I can give him to help get him an AR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Assault Weapons laws are in constant flux, as well. There were laws signed to be enacted by Jan 1, 2018, but they continue to be countered in court, so new laws keep getting submitted (and fought). The flow chart Naytwan mentions is a good place to start, but at the end of the day, I'd recommend your friend start reading up over at Calguns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AR Options for 2017 Forward (BB vs. Featureless vs. Fixed-Mag)

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1340292

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here in N.Y. the laws are so broad that they basically are defined by individual cases. What I mean is the interpretation of the law is up to the officer then ultimately the court. Because of this we have no truly defined law. A welded magazine that requires being top fed is ok.
    We also use the ARMAGLOCK which requires the separation of the upper from lower to eject the magazine. It's a pain and if you get a double feed you have to pull the mag base plate off but it works. Also look at Fightlite Industries SCR, that's a popular one too. Wish your friend luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that level of stupidity. We have some jacked up laws here in Michigan (pistol registration being by far the largest) and absolutely terrible knife laws.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    We have some jacked up laws here in Michigan (pistol registration being by far the largest) and absolutely terrible knife laws.
    Yeah - like the legal definition of a pistol lol
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Yeah - like the legal definition of a pistol lol
    Well, it's stupid but I like that one... LOL
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread