So I hit the state range this weekend with a buddy and the wife’s nephew came along.

Set up at 25 yards and sighted in the Rainier Arms Ultramatch Mod 2. Moved to 100 and confirmed/adjusted.

I didn’t have any match ammo, completely forgot to order some. I had 55gr Federal, 62gr M855 and 75gr WOLF.
Out of these I seemed to do best with the 55gr, which surprised me. I expected the 62gr to perform best. However, I think it was all me.

Scope is a Weaver Tactical 2-10 in a Larue SPR mount on a Cross Machine Tool set. Trigger is milspec with JP springs.

I stepped off the line to help a buddy get his 6.8 sighed in and when I came back my wife’s nephew was laying in better groups with each ammo than I was.
I shouldn’t have been surprised as he said he was one of the best shooters in his squad (company?). Last time we shot together we shot pistols and I was shooting circles around him. He showed me up with rifles.

Anyway, I’ll order some better ammo with my next check and hit the range again.

I was getting about 2.5” groups at 100 and he was getting under 2”. Again, this is us as shooters and the ammo. I have no doubt I’ll get better with a little more time and better ammo.

DSC_1034 by Damage Photos, on Flickr

DSC_1041 by Damage Photos, on Flickr