Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aimpoint CompM5

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    So is that an invitation to come over??
    Sure, just bring good factory 5.56mm ammo and be prepared to link it up.

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    "Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil"

This is another difference that I see in the specs. What that means in terms of machine work I don't really know.
    The T1/T2 have the same thing. There's a crosswise slot on the underside of the optic and matching protrusion on any decent mount. This puts the stress on the mount and optic body, rather than the screws.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but why would you want a bulkier optic when the T2 and mount is smaller and costs $250 less. Looks like they are competing with themselves...
    The CompM5 was born out of a program requirement. Someone asked Aimpoint to make it (DoS, IIRC), and Aimpoint complied.

AAA batteries have a logistical advantage for some agencies, apparently, enough to warrant a new optic.

Because I don’t want to waste my limited budget on hundreds of dollars for each shipment to ship a few lithium batteries somewhere. Remember, lithium batteries are HAZMAT which costs a lot. Then add in the carrier costs to ship to some countries/areas well beyond the home/personal shipping you’re used to. By the way, FedEx and UPS don’t ship to every country in the world. Sometimes it’s DHL or another carrier. They’re even more expensive. I ship large quantities of batteries and constantly. Multiply hundreds of dollars for each shipment across a year of shipping and the cost would be staggering.

I need to spend my limited budget on weapons, optics, ammo and other gear instead of wasting most of my budget on shipping costs. It’s nowhere as simple as most assume. I’m supporting over 280 diplomatic missions in just about every country there is and with basically no organic logistical shipping capabilities. The scope of what we’re supporting is well beyond your assumptions.
    Source: http://soldiersystems.net/2016/08/06...comment-858940

Downloads
    Uploads
    OP tactical $797 $5 shipping. http://www.optactical.com/aico2moadotr.html
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.