Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you imagine the shit storm that would follow lol. I was against the selector's name (BAD-ASS), it's just unbecoming and crude for a product name. As it turned out, the name did its job and is easy to remember, I still don't dislike it any less.

I'd like a product to stand on its own, its name is nothing but an identifier to me, it might as well be numbers (which we also use). On the URF, I debate whether to have the company name on it at all, a simple Cygnus logo would be sufficient. It's likely it'll just have a tiny laser engraved Cygnus logo and URF on the side.

For LRF (yep you guessed it correctly), if it comes to be, would be likewise. It'll have a tiny Cygnus logo somewhere inconspicuous, but other markings will be its manufacturer's roll marks and SN, the Cygnus logo simply notes our tiny involvement.

LRF would re a reality if URF does well, so we'll see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On a Sling Keep related note, other color options will be available early next week.

Available colors of cords, Cordloc and Zipcord:
    Black
    Tan
    Foliage green

On the ordering page, all three parts can be configured with color options, thus it is possible to have your Sling Keep configured with a black cord, tan or foliage green Cordloc and Zipcord; tan cord with foliage green or black Cordloc and Zipcord, etc.

For an AR with all black furniture, I like mine with black cord, tan or foliage green Cordloc and Zipcord to provide some contrast. At least I'd want the Cordloc to be a different color so it's easy to find.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    On a Sling Keep related note, other color options will be available early next week.

Available colors of cords, Cordloc and Zipcord:
    Black
    Tan
    Foliage green

On the ordering page, all three parts can be configured with color options, thus it is possible to have your Sling Keep configured with a black cord, tan or foliage green Cordloc and Zipcord; tan cord with foliage green or black Cordloc and Zipcord, etc.

For an AR with all black furniture, I like mine with black cord, tan or foliage green Cordloc and Zipcord to provide some contrast. At least I'd want the Cordloc to be a different color so it's easy to find.
    Yay. Read my mind, black cord, colored cordloc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    We keep finding new ways to use Sling Keep

The ability to adjust it makes a significant difference between a DIY rubber band and Sling Keep. I usually have it around my stock, but it can be almost anywhere you want and do its job there.

A customer submitted picture shows it in use with the Magpul SG stock, looped through the SG stock's footman loop.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A variation of the original Sling Keep is now available in limited quantities, in foliage green only. FDE will be available soon.

Sling Keep B uses a 1" wide nylon elastic, and an ITW Nexus GTLL Ladderloc for quick adjustment.

The additional width enables Sling Keep B to hold chem lights, tourniquet, or bandages on the stock. As the 1" Nylon elastic webbing provides more elastic tension, a pull tab is integrated on Sling Keep B to help pull the elastic webbing clear the stock while the sling, chem light, tourniquet or bandages are being tucked in.

Sling Keep B can be found here http://forwardcontrolsdesign.com/Sli...p-B_p_102.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think those for holding tourniquets could generate some agency interest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it. I'll be making an order here shortly. $3.30? Pff.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    David, is that too much or too little?

Raw material wise, Sling Keep version A and B cost the same. But there is substantially more labor involved in Sling Keep B. There have been suggestions to use different quick adjust hardware and wider nylon elastic. We can do complicated designs, but always choose the simplest for a simple device.

Also, both versions of Sling Keep ultimately compete with free rubber bands, never mind both version A and B are far more sophisticated and durable, if we made it more complicated and expensive, it'd take on a life of its own, and will no longer be an affordable and practical item you'd buy without having to balance your budget to avoid a government shutdown.

A few folks have mentioned they liked the idea of attaching a tourniquet to the stock. We obviously didn't come up with the idea, but we'll be carrying CAT tourniquets soon to compliment Sling Keep B and B5 stocks we carry
    Last edited by Duffy; 18 January 2018 at 11:20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Simple, effective and cheap.

FCD Sling Keeps by Damage Photos, on Flickr
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you David!

Sling Keep B is now available with CAT tourniquet as a bundle. I removed batteries and everything else in my grip and stock storage compartments long ago. I think most people put things in the compartment because it's there to accept something, while leaving the compartments are probably better off left empty. The CAT tourniquet is something I would carry on the stock on a regular basis, and worth its weight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Order placed for the bundle ...
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, swag inbound/included

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Thank you David!

Sling Keep B is now available with CAT tourniquet as a bundle. I removed batteries and everything else in my grip and stock storage compartments long ago. I think most people put things in the compartment because it's there to accept something, while leaving the compartments are probably better off left empty. The CAT tourniquet is something I would carry on the stock on a regular basis, and worth its weight.
    Now you tell me? Just ordered another CAT last week. Lol

Trying to put together a nice ankle rig.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    We just got the CAT kits on Saturday (yesterday)

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a great combo package ... Thanks !

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"