Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aero Precision SBR/Pistol build

Warning, there are no pictures in this first post. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm in the planning stages, so not every part is set in stone. I recently took apart 3 existing rifles, so a lot of the parts decisions rode on what parts I could cannibalized from the tear downs.

I ended up ordering 2 Aero Precision Lowers. Decided to use the new M4E1 Lowers. Black one will be an SBR, FDE one will be a pistol.

Pistol specs so far:

Lower:

Aero Precision M4E1 FDE Lower
    SB Tactical PDW 3 position Brace
    Battle Arms Development 45 degree BAD-ASS
    Battle Arms Development Enhanced Bolt Catch
    Battle Arms Development EPS Pins
    Xtech Tactical Grip
    7075 Mil Spec Receiver Extension
    Fortis Manufacturing QD End Plate
    H2 Buffer / Spring
    Trigger?

Upper:

Aero Precision Enhanced FDE Upper
    Aero Precision BCG
    Aero Precision Iron Sights
    Radian Weapons Raptor
    Cross Machine Tool JAG Gas Block
    Barrel?
    Handguard?
    Muzzle Device?

All the parts listed are in, except the lower. The parts with question marks I haven't decided on yet. I don't like braces, but on this build I decided to make an exception and go with the SB Tactical. The purpose of the pistol build is a "truck gun." I have a secure, discreet location to place it in, but it won't be left in the vehicle overnight. Because it's a pistol, I'll leave it loaded as recent events have unfolded.... I think it's a good idea to have more than just a Glock 43 on my hip.

I've got some choices with the barrel. I could use an existing 7.5" Rainier Arms Barrel, Ultramatch, nitrided and use a Cross Machine Tool Mod 4 7" Rail I have coming. I could also go with a 10.5" Rainier UltraMatch that I already have with a Geissele MK4 9.5" I'm still debating as I do want to keep it compact, but 7.5" is loud, really loud. Since I already have existing PDW SBR's, I'm leaning 10.5"

SBR

Lower:

Aero Precision M4E1 Lower
    Battle Arms Development 45 degree BAD-ASS
    Battle Arms Development Enhanced Bolt Catch
    Battle Arms Development EPS Pins
    Magpul MOE Grip
    7075 Mil Spec Receiver Extension
    Fortis Manufacturing QD End Plate
    Magpul STR Stock
    H2 Buffer / Spring
    Geissele SSA

Upper:

Aero Precision Enhanced Upper
    Aero Precision Nitride BCG
    Aero Precision Rear Sight
    Radian Weapons Raptor
    Aero Precision 10.5" FSB Barrel
    Cross Machine Tool 7" Quad Rail
    Muzzle Device?

Main purpose of this gun is to SBR a lower to match several existing M4E1 Enhanced uppers. However, this will be more of a MK18 Mod 0'ish and heavy emphasis on the "ish" I'm just a big fan of 10.3/10.5" FSB Uppers. They are fun to shoot and I still like FSB. Should just be a fun shorty to shoot at the range. I'll have to check what suppressor mounts I have left, but this one will definitely get a can.

Most of the parts for this build are in hand, but obviously won't be able to assemble the gun together until my stamp comes back.

Pictures to come after some assembly/progress is made!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a man with a plan. Can't wait to see some pics.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    SBR

Upper:

Aero Precision Enhanced Upper
    Aero Precision Nitride BCG
    Aero Precision Rear Sight
    Radian Weapons Raptor
    Aero Precision 10.5" FSB Barrel
    Cross Machine Tool 7" Quad Rail
    Muzzle Device?
    I'm fairly certain you can't use that CMT rail on the Aero enhanced uppers. You'll need to stick with handguards that mount within the BAR spec (besides Aero, you have Seekins and Spikes..not sure who else makes BARs). From Aero's webpage, here is what a FSB with an Aero Enhanced handguard looks like:

Name:  10-5in-556-fsb-gen2-complete-uppers.jpg
Views: 2350
Size:  95.5 KB

Spike's BAR2 rail would give you more rail space, though:

https://www.spikestactical.com/colle...rts-rails-bar2

The Aero COP would be an interesting choice for one of these but Aero doesn't seem to be pushing those much anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm fairly certain you can't use that CMT rail on the Aero enhanced uppers. You'll need to stick with handguards that mount within the BAR spec (besides Aero, you have Seekins and Spikes..not sure who else makes BARs). From Aero's webpage, here is what a FSB with an Aero Enhanced handguard looks like:

Name:  10-5in-556-fsb-gen2-complete-uppers.jpg
Views: 2350
Size:  95.5 KB

Spike's BAR2 rail would give you more rail space, though:

https://www.spikestactical.com/colle...rts-rails-bar2

The Aero COP would be an interesting choice for one of these but Aero doesn't seem to be pushing those much anymore.
    Sorry I meant to say Gen 2, the Enhanced looking uppers without the BAR nut. I wouldn't do a BAR style handguard ever again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I meant to say Gen 2, the Enhanced looking uppers without the BAR nut. I wouldn't do a BAR style handguard ever again.
    Gotchya. And I didn't realize they are doing an M4E1 upper that isn't "enhanced" (i.e., with integral BAR nut). Seems like they should have given those a different name.

I have one BAR handguard left. I like it well enough, but have been going skinny on my builds. And I'm a fan of BCM/SLR style mounting where you don't have to worry about stripping threads in a receiver or barrel nut.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just curious about the receiver extension you listed for the pistol build, is it a standard "keyed" mil spec extension? I've looked through SB Tactical's website and couldn't find any that were compatible with a "keyed" extension. The only brace type device I'm aware of that's compatible with them is the Thordsen customs setup.

I'd be interested to know about other options though. I've got an extra complete rifle upper sitting around with an 18" middy bull barrel that I've considered switching it down the road to either a 10.5" BA barrel and building a pistol lower as a truck gun or just swapping the barrel for a 16.5" BA Hansen barrel as a light weight upper for my wife. Thanks ahead of time for any information.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the detents for an adjustable length of pull, probably also help make the brace fit more comfortably. I vote 10.5", but I'm biased as hell.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    Just curious about the receiver extension you listed for the pistol build, is it a standard "keyed" mil spec extension? I've looked through SB Tactical's website and couldn't find any that were compatible with a "keyed" extension. The only brace type device I'm aware of that's compatible with them is the Thordsen customs setup.

I'd be interested to know about other options though. I've got an extra complete rifle upper sitting around with an 18" middy bull barrel that I've considered switching it down the road to either a 10.5" BA barrel and building a pistol lower as a truck gun or just swapping the barrel for a 16.5" BA Hansen barrel as a light weight upper for my wife. Thanks ahead of time for any information.
    Yeah you're right, just cutting and pasting some of the specs and parts, got ahead of myself. The SB Tactical brace comes with it's own receiver extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Yes, the detents for an adjustable length of pull, probably also help make the brace fit more comfortably. I vote 10.5", but I'm biased as hell.
    I think you're right, this probably needs 10.5" I'll play with it a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah you're right, just cutting and pasting some of the specs and parts, got ahead of myself. The SB Tactical brace comes with it's own receiver extension.

I think you're right, this probably needs 10.5" I'll play with it a bit.
    Thanks! I'm really liking the look of their new SOB model, seems really sleek and low profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What’s your impression of the sb brace ?

Hummm ..I’m really starting to like my 10.5 pistol but a small collapsible 7.5” would be alright..10.5 with a a2 is loud and bright as shit at Dusk/ dark and can imagine the 7.5 being obnoxious...but forward muzzle device or something to calm it down..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A6124.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  1.58 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Following. Sounds like a nice build
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A6139.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  1.03 MB

Downloads
    Uploads

Aero Precision SBR/Pistol build

Love watching this evolve.

Btw, congrats on reaching 1000 posts on IG. I’m baffled why you don’t have more followers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A6144.jpg
Views: 2941
Size:  1.34 MB