Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    “Beautimous”
    Being the quad rail aficionado, (self described) I am digging that Mod 3. I’ve been a fan of CMT for awhile but their hand guards seemed to be more geared for the weight conscious while I prefer a little more meat on the bones so to speak. This may be what I’ve been waiting for.

How is the lock up? One reason almost all my SBR’s have LaRue rails on them is that I haven’t found a hand guard with a tighter lock up and precise positioning on the upper and the LaRue definitely fits the “meat on the bones” requirement. (And then some)
    It looks like the rail mounts similarly to SLR, which is a good. So how is the lock up on the Mod 3? Does it use an anti rotation tab or have a better means of alignment?

I’m working on a new 12.5 SBR build, and looking to try some different things, maybe I’ll give these guys a go.

Thank you for posting the pic. Looks sharp!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geissele has had some Mk 7's on sale at Brownell's if you're looking for meaty quad rails, it can even accept weights.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    “Beautimous”
    Being the quad rail aficionado, (self described) I am digging that Mod 3. I’ve been a fan of CMT for awhile but their hand guards seemed to be more geared for the weight conscious while I prefer a little more meat on the bones so to speak. This may be what I’ve been waiting for.

How is the lock up? One reason almost all my SBR’s have LaRue rails on them is that I haven’t found a hand guard with a tighter lock up and precise positioning on the upper and the LaRue definitely fits the “meat on the bones” requirement. (And then some)
    It looks like the rail mounts similarly to SLR, which is a good. So how is the lock up on the Mod 3? Does it use an anti rotation tab or have a better means of alignment?

I’m working on a new 12.5 SBR build, and looking to try some different things, maybe I’ll give these guys a go.

Thank you for posting the pic. Looks sharp!!

There are anti-rotational tabs on the Mod3. The barrel nut and rail have a pretty tight lock up and so far have been rock solid.

I still love quads, I know many don't, but these to me feel like a slim line quad rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are anti-rotational tabs on the Mod3. The barrel nut and rail have a pretty tight lock up and so far have been rock solid.

I still love quads, I know many don't, but these to me feel like a slim line quad rail.
    Thanks for the info. I can’t think of a reason I shouldn’t give this bad boy a shot... I have a couple of things in the works besides the 12.5 that I could see a slim line quad working very well on. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Thanks for the info. I can’t think of a reason I shouldn’t give this bad boy a shot... I have a couple of things in the works besides the 12.5 that I could see a slim line quad working very well on. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you'll be very pleased.

Slippers and I were discussing this rail would have been over the top if they would be able to get 45 degree MLOK slots on this quad, but Jeff at CMT told me there isn't enough material/room there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you'll be very pleased.

Slippers and I were discussing this rail would have been over the top if they would be able to get 45 degree MLOK slots on this quad, but Jeff at CMT told me there isn't enough material/room there.
    That would have been both slick and innovative, but would have obviously impacted the circumference of the rail if they expanded the 1, 4, 7, 11 o’clock positions to accommodate the MLOK. I guess expanding 11 and 1 would make an oblong rail. Tough nut to crack when you’re trying to slim things down. Now if you had a small riser that attached at the 11 or 1 o’clock position and cleared the 3 picatinny rails, you could have your MLOK. But that’s extra parts and adding to weight somewhat as well as losing some of the compactness you have on a traditional MLOK at the 11 and 1 o’clock positions. Boy, I do love thinking about these things... “Solutioning” :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_4961.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  1.43 MB