Description
In June of 2016, Glock won the FBI Contract and rumors began to spread on various specifications of the Glock M models, which we know are very closely related to the new Gen5's. Like the M models, the Gen5's come with Ameriglo three-dot night sights which Glock seems to own the rights to in order to openly compete with other pistol manufacturers. This is a huge step in the right direction for Glock and it stemmed from their involvement with FBI Contract solicitation requirements (link to PDF, requirements can be found at C.4-14). The TL;DR of this is that the FBI wanted black steel, non reflective, sights which the rears can be racked off of one handed, they wanted a POA/POI at point of ledge (that is cutting the target in half with the front sight ledge at 25 yards), they wanted three-dot night sight setup, they needed to be "high visibility sights" which the FBI referred to the Trijicon HD's (GL101O) by name, the same type of sights I reviewed previously, and they wanted a "U" notch rear sight. Nothing within the solicitation required a specific front sight width or height, which means this was an excellent opportunity to create a really custom sighting system for the general public and LEOs throughout the US - buying a factory new duty-grade gun with high visibility front sights and the ability to have precision shoot capability, and Ameriglo jumped on this very quickly and hit a home run. I was fortunate enough to get a set of FBI Contract sight and BOLD sights from Ameriglo to beat up before the official release of the Gen5's last week, and I did put them through their paces. In this review of the FBI Contract sights and the BOLD sights I will cover everything from measurements to my experience from implementation of use. I have had these sighting systems since 10/16, so just shy of a full year, I have put tens of thousands of rounds downrange with these sights on several of my Glocks as well as on my EDC Glock 19.
Click here to read the full review
Read the full review here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2017/09/amerigl...ct-sights.html