Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    My neighbor shoots subs all day long out of 5-6 totally customized 10/22s, suppressed and unsuppressed. I’ll pick his brain
    I grabbed a brick of CCI supressor optimized rounds. I’ve saved them for my 10/22 as they cycle well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the comments saying it's much ado about nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post

True, if you don’t have a use for it

Like AAC’s 90T mount or OSS suppressors in general. For me, I could care less

An 8oz suppressor that can tolerate a 30rd 5.56 mag dump, offer 5.56 decibel levels as quiet as a lot of full size cans....it’s doing things I don’t think another suppressor claim at the moment. The size vs performance appeals to me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I wouldn't call one video and a product announcement 'much ado'

That said I am in the middle of my comparisons and it seems like the thought here is to support anything and everything .22 caliber.

In my mind I think .22 and my mind runs to .22 LR and kind of stays there. This can is more 'everything .22'.

The idea of being extremely rugged is appealing to me. I would much rather have an over built can than the other way around. Full auto mag dump on 5.56? That's pretty damn good.

I guess if I were to ever get into those other calibers it's fine. I guess it's better to get more than less. Just having the ability to say 'hey I have a can for that' regardless of what it is is kind of nice.

I still want to really compare various .22 options and still want to get more info on this one.

At the end of the day in the world of .22 this one seems to be a do it all. On the flip side there is only so much you can expect from a .22 can. I am going to look at it more and see how much this thing costs before I make up my mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, my neighbor said his Kidd rifles run subs flawlessly, no mods. He shoots suppressed also

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, my neighbor said his Kidd rifles run subs flawlessly, no mods. He shoots suppressed also
    I have read online that Kidd springs are a slight bit lighter than standard. Could easily make a difference. I've been too occupied with other stuff to finish it up and have my rifle done.

That said with 10/22 I am curious what people's cleaning regiments are? Does anyone else get gummed up actions or barrels on a suppressed 10/22?

I am suspicious of some of the components that I used to put together my gun to be honest but I don't want to hijack the thread.

As far as the Griffin suppressor goes I have been comparing online and so far the only other competition in my opinion is the Rugged Oculus. Similar price point but I am not seeing anything else that compares relatively speaking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I have read online that Kidd springs are a slight bit lighter than standard. Could easily make a difference. I've been too occupied with other stuff to finish it up and have my rifle done.

That said with 10/22 I am curious what people's cleaning regiments are? Does anyone else get gummed up actions or barrels on a suppressed 10/22?

I am suspicious of some of the components that I used to put together my gun to be honest but I don't want to hijack the thread.

As far as the Griffin suppressor goes I have been comparing online and so far the only other competition in my opinion is the Rugged Oculus. Similar price point but I am not seeing anything else that compares relatively speaking.
    AAC Halcyon is somewhat similar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AAC Halcyon is somewhat similar.
    Meh. I don't really like their baffle design.

At this point here are some factors that I am looking at. FRP is one. If it's a known issue then avoid it. The baffle design is another. Some of the baffles look like they have too many places where carbon will build up and they will be a PITA to clean. This is an issue with a few cans I saw. The El Camino comes to mind. Also the Occulus requires proprietary tools. Don't like that.

I like the idea of very rugged suppressors. Over built is good. Versatile is good too.

At the end of the day most of the cans will suppress sound about the same on .22LR. If it's one or two decibels off that's no big deal.

Since these cans generally all do the same thing I gotta look at what differentiates them from each other. Day to day cleaning is one. Having the ability for more than one caliber is another. You never know about future shooting trips or range days maybe even with other people's guns, or even possibly getting other guns in the future.

With the Griffin the 3 lug mount looks very interesting. Never used it before but I have always been attracted to that. I would like to at least try it and see how it effects accuracy, if at all. Plus I could use that same 3 lug adapter on my Revolution 9. I wouldn't have anything to put that on (yet) but again, you never know.

Everybody knows I am predispositioned to get the Griffin but I really am trying to do a fair comparison here.

I have no reason NOT to get the Griffin can. There isn't anything that disqualifies it by any means. Some of the other cans I can rule out pretty quickly. The ability to put that on 5.56 is appealing. At the same time I will have two Recce 5 and one Recce 7 so it's not really for me in that regard.

The only thing I can think of is there is a very small weight penalty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the Griffin the 3 lug mount looks very interesting. Never used it before but I have always been attracted to that. I would like to at least try it and see how it effects accuracy, if at all. Plus I could use that same 3 lug adapter on my Revolution 9. I wouldn't have anything to put that on (yet) but again, you never know.
    I do not believe the 3-lug adapter for the Checkmate is compatible with "standard" 3-lug adapters like the Revo uses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I do not believe the 3-lug adapter for the Checkmate is compatible with "standard" 3-lug adapters like the Revo uses.
    The three lug for this .22 can is the SAME as the 9mm version offered for the Revolution and Optimus series. The 3 lug adapter is also cross compatible between different cans. IE Revolution 9, Micro, Optimus, etc.

You use the 9mm three lug adapter (although they still might have support for previous .22 cans that have the other mini 3 lug) and the 9mm 3 lug barrel adapter for this one.

Yes, it is cross compatible.

Edit:

Fast forward to 1 min 30 in the intro youtube video linked above.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The three lug for this .22 can is the SAME as the 9mm version offered for the Revolution and Optimus series. The 3 lug adapter is also cross compatible between different cans. IE Revolution 9, Micro, Optimus, etc.

You use the 9mm three lug adapter (although they still might have support for previous .22 cans that have the other mini 3 lug) and the 9mm 3 lug barrel adapter for this one.

Yes, it is cross compatible.
    Got it. Just watched the video. Poor reading comprehension (again) on my part as my mind went to the Checkmate. I think I'm in the same boat as you. I'm interested in a rimfire can and have a bias in favor of Griffin but haven't been swayed by the Checkmate, but the Optimus might do it for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it. Just watched the video. Poor reading comprehension (again) on my part as my mind went to the Checkmate. I think I'm in the same boat as you. I'm interested in a rimfire can and have a bias in favor of Griffin but haven't been swayed by the Checkmate, but the Optimus might do it for me.
    Where I am at is honestly, my Revolution 9 on a rifle is quiet as hell. It serves the purpose for sure. I have the direct thread adapter and a .22 end cap which makes it even more stupid quiet but even in the K configuration with the 9mm cap on the end it's just easily hearing safe. I mean not even scare the dogs safe

In all honesty this is kind of a 'want' can. I want a dedicated .22 can just because. In all reality I can easily cover that caliber with my existing 9mm can without ANY problem.

If I get a .22 can and a .45 can I will have my bases all covered for any firearm I have. That's my goal.

I have two cans in jail right now... another Recce 5 and a Recce 7. I am in some cases buying cans for guns I don't even have a host for yet. But I still want them. If it didn't take a damn year to get them it would be a bit different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for the 'Checkmate' series, those are all gone. No more.

The optimus micro replaces it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where I am at is honestly, my Revolution 9 on a rifle is quiet as hell. It serves the purpose for sure. I have the direct thread adapter and a .22 end cap which makes it even more stupid quiet but even in the K configuration with the 9mm cap on the end it's just easily hearing safe. I mean not even scare the dogs safe

In all honesty this is kind of a 'want' can. I want a dedicated .22 can just because. In all reality I can easily cover that caliber with my existing 9mm can without ANY problem.

If I get a .22 can and a .45 can I will have my bases all covered for any firearm I have. That's my goal.

I have two cans in jail right now... another Recce 5 and a Recce 7. I am in some cases buying cans for guns I don't even have a host for yet. But I still want them. If it didn't take a damn year to get them it would be a bit different.
    Your 9mm can doesn’t make a .22 Rifle hearing Safe?

I want another Recce 5 and a 7 . I’m jelly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your 9mm can doesn’t make a .22 Rifle hearing Safe?

I want another Recce 5 and a 7 . I’m jelly
    That Revolution 9 makes a rifle extremely quiet! The Optimus on a 10/22 meters about 116. I would venture to say the Revolution 9 will be about that same area.

I still kind of want a dedicated .22 can.

As for the Recce 5's I figured it was a strategic decision. I will probably be shooting 5.56/.223 for the foreseeable future and with more than one gun it's easier to not swap. Also in the event that something ever does happen where I need to send a can in for a fix I will still be covered.

I need to get a Revolution .45 and the .22 can and that will round me out as far as caliber specific cans go.